Previous Paper of Himachal Pradesh Administrative-2009
This blog of Redtestbook provided previous question paper of HAS which help to all aspirants of HAS.These objective type of question help for all other competitive exams which are conducted in Himachal Pradesh.
1. Which Indian Commercial first in providing mobile Automated Teller Machine (ATM) service?
Ans. ICICI(Estd. in 1955 A.D.)
2. Who was the first Britisher to become the President of the India National Congress?
Ans. George Yule (in 1888 A.D. At Allahabad Session)
3. To whom the Speaker of Lok Sabha address his letter of resignation?
Ans. Deputy Speaker of Lok Sabha
4. ‘Directive Principles of State Policy’ enshrined under Articles 36-51 of the Constitution of India are
Ans. Positive in Nature, can’t be enforced by courts, Make India a welfare state and state has a duty to implement them.
5. The Mukesh Ambani Company ‘Reliance Petroleum Limited’ is located at
Ans. Jamnagar (in Gujarat)
6. Who is the writer of the book ‘An Accustomed Earth’?
Ans. Jhumpa lahiri
7. The Birsa Munda tribal rebellion ‘Ulgulan’ took place in the region south of Ranchi in
Ans. 1899 A.D.-1900 A.D>
8. The Theosophy of Annie Besant was not popular amongst
Ans. Tamil Brahmins
9. Tata Iron Works was established in Jamshedpur (Jaharkhand) in the year
Ans. 1907 A.D.
10. How many people were killed in the Jallianwala Bagh Firing ordered by General Dire on April 13, 1919 A.D.?
11. India Independence Resolution was brought in Lok Sabha House of Commons on
Ans. July 5,1947
12. Where did the Reliance Industries recently strike huge reserve oil?
Ans. Krishna-Godavari Basin (Andhra Pradesh)
13. Area-wise which is the largest Hindu temple in the world?
Ans. Akshardham Temple, Delhi
14. How much prize-money is given to the Dada Sahib Phalke Award (introduced in 1969 A.D. ) Winner?
Ans. 10 Lacs
15. How many new world Records have been set in XXIXth Beijing Olympics ,2008?
16. Who was the first recipient of Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna Award (Estd. in 1991)?
Ans. Vishwanathan Anand
17. Which India duo won the Asia Pacific Car Rally 2008 Championship held in Indonesia?
Ans. Gaurav Gill and Jagdeva Singh
18. When the use of Electronic Voting Machine has started in the Vidhan Sabha Election?
Ans. 1998 A.D.
19. In how many states the elections for Vidhan Sabha were held in 2006?
20. Time taken in singing the Indian National Anthem in full is
Ans. 52 Seconds
21. National Judicial Academy building is located in
Ans. Bhopal (Madhya Pradesh)
22. E.T.A. is a terrorist organization of
23. What is the system of governance in the Panchayati Raj set-up?
Ans. Three tier structure of local self Government at the village,block nad district levels
24. The non-plan expenditures of the Government of India include
Ans. Defence Revenue expenditures, Subsidies , All expenditure linked with the previous plan and Interest payment
25. When did Subhash Chander Bose first meet Mahatma Gandhi?
Ans. July 16,1921 at Bombay
26. Kammagatamaru incident
Mahatma Gandhi’s arrival in India
Tilak’s Home Rule league
Ans. 1914 A.D.
January 9, 1915 A.D.
April, 1916 A.D.
27. Who was the leader of the revolt during the Ist War Of Independence,1857 at Bareilly?
Ans. Khan Bahadur Khan
28. What is the length of the Bay of Bengal coast-line in the east of Andhra Pradesh?
Ans. 974 Km.
29. National Leechi Research Centre is located here
30. National Highway -7A connects
Ans. Palain Katai with Tutikorin
31. When was country’s first commercial E-mail service started in New Delhi?
Ans. February 11, 1994
32. Which British actress recently died of cervical cance?
Ans. Zed Gudi
33. When was ‘SUTRA’ (Social Upliftment Through Rural Action) founded in H.P.?
Ans. 1977 A.D.
34. Areawise, which is the smallest district of H.P.?
Ans. Hamirpur (1118 Sqkm.)
35. Which sage has been associated Rewalsar in disst. Mandi, H.P.?
Ans. Lomash Rishi
36. According to Forest Records, the total forest area of H.P. is
37. Kunihar Valley beigns from
Ans. Kuni Khadda
38. The height of Lama lake from the sea-level is:
39. Tea is produced mainly in districts
Ans. Kangra and Mandi
40. Who was the first chairman of the Public Service Commission ?
Ans. Lt. Gen.K.S.Katoch
41. H.P. Art and culture Academy was established in the year
Ans. 1968 A.D.
42. Bhoranj is a tehsil of district
43. Fulaich fair is held in district
44. Suketi is a tributary of river
45. Who was the founder of Sirmaur state?
Ans. King Rasalu
46. When was Nagar Kot (Kangra) attacked by Taimur?
Ans. 1398 A.D.
47. Khibber village is located in
Ans. Kaja Valley
48. The literature related to Kangur and Tangyur Buddhist Schools and preserved at Kardang Buddhist temple is written in in the local dialect
49. When was national Agriculture Insurance Scheme introduced in H.P.?
Ans. 1999-2000 A.D.
50. Who was the king of Chamba when Jahangir visited it in 1621 A.D.?
51. Who was awarded the first Chandra Dhar Sharma Guleri Award for Hindi literature in 1986?
Ans. Sri kesav
52. What is ‘Anamika’?
Ans. A powerful Carbine recently developed in India
53. Who has been awarded with the Noble Peace Award for 2008 ?
Ans. Marti Ahitsari (former President of Finland)
54. For which category did simon Beaufoy won Oscar for Slumdog Millionaire?
Ans. Adopted screenplay
55. Who was the founder of Viswa Bharati University Santiniketan?
Ans. Rabindra Nath Tagore
56. When was Katchatheevu island handed over to Srilanka by Government of India under a bilateral agreement?
Ans. 1974 A.D.
57. When was the Seventh Pravasi Bharatiya Diwas Conference held in Chennai this year?
Ans. 7-9 January,2009
58. Who has been awarded the K.K. Birla foundation Vyas Sammam for literature 2008?
Ans. Mannu Bhandari
59. As the highest wicket taker for India Anil Kumble has taken 619 wickets in Test Cricket. In how many Test Matches did he achieve the figure?
Ans. 132 Matches
60. Who has been appointed captain of the world Eleven Women Cricket Team of the ICC Women World Cup?
Ans. Cherlot Edwards ( of England)
61. How many crop seasons are there in the northern India?
Ans. 3(Kharif,Rabi and Zaid)
62. The Headquarter of International Monetary fund (IMF) is located at
Ans. Washington D.C.
63. In which year Gandhiji for the first time coined the word ‘Satyagraha’?
Ans. 1906 A.D.
64. ‘Metagenomix’ is an ultra modern branch of science.It is generally related to the study of
Ans. Genome of Microbes
65. Who is the new chief of Research and Analysis Wing (RAW)?
Ans. K.C. Verma
66. ‘White Dwarf’ is related to
67. When was Bhabha Atomic Research Centre established ?
Ans. 1955 A.D.
68. Where was Muslim League constituted?
Ans. Dhaka in 1906 A.D.
69. Who was the founder of ‘India Independence League’?
Ans. Raj Bihari Ghosh
70. The biggest lake ‘Chilka’ of India is located in
71. Motivation given to Multinational Companies in India means encouragement to
Ans. Privatization, Globalization and Liberalization Policies
72. Presidential form of government was first formed in
Ans. United States of America
73. Who is presently (March 2009) the Prime Minister of France?
Ans. Frankvice Fillan
74. Which components of light are absorbed by Chlorophyll?
Ans. Blue and Red
75. X-rays are actually
Ans. Electromagnetic Waves
76. What was the minimum age fixed for the marriage of girls and boys through the Child Marriage Restraint Act, 1929 (Popularly known as Sharda Act)?
Ans. 14 years for girls and 18 year for boys
77. The Ryotwari Settlement given by Thomas Munro was Introduced by the British in the
Ans. Madras and Bombay Presidency
78. Rakaposhi and Kangtu peaks are located in the
Ans. Pakistan-Occupied region
79. Central Water Commission has thirteen regional organisations which are located at
Ans. Bhopal, Bengaluru,Bhubaneshwar,Chandigarh,Combitore,Delhi, Hyderabad, Lucknow, Nagpur, Patna, Shiong, Silliguri and Gandhi Nagar
80. The constructive programme (for Poorna Swaraj) proposed by Mahatma Gandhi included
Ans. Communal unity, removal of untouchability and National language
81. The major source of finance for small scale industries in India is
Ans. Bank Finance
82. Who was called Indian Federation as the Cooperative Federation?
83. Who edited the magazine Karmayogin after, Sri Aurobindo Ghose?
Ans. Sister Nivedita
84. The winner of Param Vir Chakra (highest Gallantry Award in India) gets a monthly honour allowance of
85. Which country for the first time won a gold medal in Mern’s Archery in Beijing Olympic, 2008?
86. Who wrote the book ‘Indian National Evolution’ in 1915?
Ans. Ambika Charan Majumdar
87. Under Indian Council Act, 1861 the number of the Governor-General’s Council was increased from six to
88. The three Round Table Conferences were held in London in
Ans. First-Nov.12, 1930 to Jan.19, 1931;
Second-Sep &, 1931 to Dec.1, 1931;
Third- Nov. 17, 1932 to Dec.24, 1932
89. Munda tribal groups found in
90. How many universities were there in India till 1937?
91. Who is the first pregnant man who gave birth to a baby girl in Los Angles, U.S.A?
Ans. Thomas Beatic
92. How many silver Medals did Brazil win in Beijing Olympics 2008?
93. Who is the Head Coach of the Bhiwani Boxing Club, who has been conferred upon the Dronacharya Award by the President Smt. Pratibha Patil?
Ans. Jagdish Singh
94. Agricultural Income Tax is assigned to the state governments by
Ans. The Constitution of India
95. “The girl who has no younger sister is unsuitable for marriage .” This statement of
96. Who wrote ‘ Matta Vilas Prahsan’
Ans. Mahendra Varman
97. Directive Principles of the Indian Constitution include
Ans. Constitution of Gram Panchayats (Art. 40); Protection of National Monvents (Art.49); Separation of Judiciary from Executive (Art.50); Respect for the International Laws(Art.51)
98. When was Arunachal Pradesh Mineral Development an Trade Corporation (A.P.M.D.T.C.) Ltd. established?
Ans. 27 Mar, 1991
99. Agricultural Land in Assam is
Ans. 39.83blakh hectares
100. From whose writings mahatma Gandhi drew inspiration for launching Civil Disobedience Movement ?
Ans. Henry David Tharean
101. ‘National Institute of Fisheries Post Harvest technology and Training’ is located in
102. Laterite soils are predominant in
Ans. Malabar Coastal Region
103. What is the number of coral-island in Lakshadweep?
104. Who invented RNA?
Ans. James Watson and Arther Berg
105. The height of Mukkila Glacier from the sea-level is
106. Which district of H.P. has the highest percentage of schedule tribe population?
107. Who was the last ruler king of Bushahr state?
Ans. Padam Singh
108. Khassam is sub-tribe of tribe
109. When did first European traveller Moorcraft tour H.P.?
Ans. 1820-1822 A.D.
110. Who is the newly appointed chairman of the Pakistan Cricket Board?
Ans. Aizaz Butt
111. How many Chief Ministers have so far (till March 20009) been defeated in a by-election?
112. Who is the Finance Minister of U.S.A. in Obama Government?
Ans. Timothi Geethner
113. Who of the following is not a recipient of Padma Bhusan,2009?
Ans. G.Madhavan Nair
114. Karling Cup is related to
115. Which Indian lady has recently been appointed as the Vice-chancellor of the Houston University U.S.A?
Ans. Dr. Renu Khator
116. Who was the propounded of ‘Shuddadwaitavada’?
117. From which year was the FERA promulgated?
Ans. 1 June,2000
118. An aeroplane rise above because
Ans. the pressure above its wings is less than the pressure below it
119. Indian National Congress had constituted a British society in 1889. This society had started the publication of a magazine. What was the name of this magazine?
120. Who was made the chief representative of the Muslim League at the Confrence of 21 representatives held at the Viceregal Lodge on June 25, 1945?
Ans. Mohammad Ali Jinnah