Previous Paper of Himachal Administrative Service-2010
This blog of Redtestbook provided previous question paper of HAS which help to all aspirants of HAS.These objective type of question help for all other competitive exams which are conducted in Himachal Pradesh.
1. In India’s Balance of Payments Account, out of worker’s remittances from Abroad, IT service receipts, inward foreign Direct Investment and IT enabled service receipts which item would not fall under the category “Invisibles” ?
Ans. Inward Foreign Direct Investment
2. An appreciation of the rupee against the currencies of India’s major trading partners.
Ans. Hurts exporters but help producers of goods that compete with imports.
3. If the India Government has a balanced budget in a given year in which it shows a Current Account Deficit in the balance of payments, it indicates that in that year.
Ans. Private savings are less than private investment
4. According to the Constitution of India, which taxes are imposed by the Union Government but are shareable with the states?
Ans. Income tax, Union Excise duties, Customs duties
5. Which state had the highest poverty rate in 2004-2005?
6. In the UNDP calculation of a country’s Human Development Index which variables are included?
Ans. Per Capita GDP, Adult Literacy Rate, Life Expectancy, Gross Enrolement Ratio
7. Out of Sugarcane,Wheat,Cotton and Bajra which one requires irrigation the most?
8. In India, Consumer Price Indexes are calculated for which category/categories of workers?
Ans. Agricultural Labour, Industrial workers and Urban non-manual employees
9. The largest source of funding of the National highways Development Project is
Ans. The Fuel Cess
10. The sources of India’s Gross Domestic Savings,in order of largest to smallest source, are
Ans. Household Sector, Private Corporate Sector, Public Sector
11. Rohtang pass is located in…….. district.
12. Which of the five major rivers,passing through Hiamchal Pradesh, originates in district Kullu?
13. Kufri is located near
14. El Nino originates from
Ans. West coast of South America
15. Which is the highest peak in Himachal Pradesh?
16. Hirakud Dam-longest in the world, locatec in Orissa is built on the river
17. Which state of India was earlier called ‘NEFA’?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
18. ‘Shifting cultivation’ is associated with
Ans. North-Eastern India
19. In India, which coast receives rainfall from North-East Monsoon?
Ans. Coromandal Coast
20. Which soil is the most suitable for the cultivation of cotton in India?
Ans. Regur soil (Black Soil)
21. Cauvery water dispute involves which states?
Ans. Tamil Nadu-Karnataka-Kerala
22. Which is the highest tea producing state of India?
23. Gir forest is associated with
Ans. Asiatic Lions
24. In which state is Tungabhadra project of irrigation located?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
25. Which state of India has the largest concentration of Jute Industry?
Ans. West Bengal
26. Which is the dominant form of intra-district migration in India?
Ans. Rural to Rural
27. Rift Valley is the landform formed by
Ans. Faulted Structure
28. The ancient inscription from Himachal Pardesh are not inscribed in one of these scripts-Sharda, Brahmi, Indo-Greek and Nagri.
29. Who among the princely chiefs from Himachal Pradesh sided with the British in 1857?
Ans. Ram Singh
30. The history of coins goes back to
Ans. Early Historical period
31. Who invaded Nagarkot in AD 1008-09?
Ans. Mahmud Ghazani
32. Who is known as the ‘Pahari Gandhi’?
Ans. Baba Kanshi Ram
33. Which Indus valley civilization settlements has produced a three tier town planning?
34. Hiuen Tsang came to India during the reign of
Ans. Harsvardhna (606-AD-647 AD)
35. Firoz Shah Tughlaq cut canals from which river in India?
36. Which foreign traveller helped to open Indian trade with the West?
Ans. Vasco De Gama
37. Which muslim dominated state rejected the Muslim League during elections of 1937?
Ans. North-West Frontier Province
38. Which geographical region produced the first Urbanization?
Ans. Semi-arid zones
39. Who authored ‘Katahasaritsagar’?
40. Which Mughal ruler followed the inclusive policy for consolidation of his empire?
41. Ryowari Settlement,introduced in Bombay and Madras provinces was based on the Scientific Rent Theory of
42. Who were tried in the Meerut Conspiracy Case?
Ans. Labour Leaders
43. Which School of Indian Art represents an admixture of foreign and Indian styles?
Ans. Gandhar Art
44. Who is called the ‘Father of Modern India’?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
45. Who established ‘Arya Samaj’ in 1857 A.D.?
Ans. Swami Dayanand Sarswati
46. The Nalwari Fair on the shore of Gobind Sagar in Bilaspur district was originally designed to arrange supply of
Ans. Bulllocks from plains
47. All India Women’s Conference was established by women themselves in which year?
Ans. 1927 A.D.
48. Cultural integration was confined
Ans. Throughout History
49. Who founded ‘Satya Shodhak Samaj’ in 1876 A.D.?
Ans. Mahatma Jyotiba Phule
50. Which wood is used primarily for making sickels in Himachal Pardesh?
51. Drama during Gupta Period was mainly confined to
Ans. Romantic comedies
52. The Akali Movement began in 1920 to achieve the objective
Ans. To eradicate corruption in Gurudwara Administration
53. Who said ‘extremists of today are moderates of tomorrow’?
Ans. Lokmanya Tilak
54. Gandhi used the termm ‘Himalayan blunder’ after which movement?
Ans. Rowlatt Satyagraha, 1919
55. In what context was the slogan ‘do or die’ raised?
Ans. Quit India Movement
56. Who said “Sitaranmayya’s defeat is my defeat” when Patttabhi Sitaramayya was defeated by Subhash Chandra Bose in 1938 Haripura Congress session?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
57. Who described the Indian Civil Service as the ‘Steel frame of India’?
Ans. Lloyd George
58. The Government of India Act, 1935 was based on
Ans. The principle of federation and parliamentary system
59. ‘India’s last war of independence has begun …….. father of our nation! In this holy war of India’s liberation we ask for your blessing and good wishes.’ Who said this in 1944?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Bose
60. Who said “We want to destroy and get rid of a system which dose no good and can do no good”?
Ans. Mahatma Gandhi
61. What are the causes of the launch of the Quit India Movement on August 8,1942?
Ans. Failure of the Cripps Mission, British obduracy, the growing feeling of the imminent British collapse and rising prices due to war-time shortage.
62. Who was sister Nivedita?
Ans. An Irish revolutionary who later became disciple of Swami Vivekananda
63. When did seven membered Simon Commission reach India?
Ans. in February 1928
64. 26th January before Independence was celebrated as
Ans. Independence Day
65. BIMARU sates concept includes
Ans. Bihar,Madhya Pradesh, Rajsthan and Uttar Pradesh
66.’The Right to Information (RTI) Act’ was promulgated on
Ans. October 12,2005
67. Which article of the Indian Constitution deals with Fundamental Duties?
Ans. Article 51A
68. Which is the highest body to approve Five Year Plans in the country?
Ans. National Development Council (NDC)
69. When did the first lingustic state of Andhra Pradesh come into existence?
Ans. October 1, 1953
70. Who adopted the Constitution of India?
Ans. People of India
71. Who is known as father of Genetics?
Ans. George Mendle
72. Name an artificial food preservative?
Ans. Sodium Benzoate
73. Who discovered ‘DNA’?
Ans. J.Watson and F.Crick
74. Cellulose is most abundant in
75. Which district in H.P. is the highest producer of Mango?
76. H1H1 flu (Swine flu) is caused by
77. Who invented ‘electron’?
78. Which tissue helps in water transport in plants?
79. Water has a pH
80. Sterilization in tissue is done by
Ans. Heat and Chemicals
81. Of Uranium, Iron, Carbon and Calcium which is the source of fuel for a nuclear reactor?
82. Which district in H.P. has largest area under potato production?
83. Animals cannot photosynthesize because
Ans. Chloroplast is absent
84. Which pulse is the richest protein source?
85. Which features are possessed by the desert plants?
Ans. Thick and waxy Leaves and Spongy Stem
86. Black Soil is good for the growth of
87. Chlorophyll is green because
Ans. it reflects Green light
88. Recently which Indian origin American has shared Noble Prize in Chemistry?
89. ‘Green Revolution’ was possible because of
Ans. Mexican dwarf wheat
90. Enzymes are
91. Of Alpha Beta,gamma and Delta radiations which one is the most penetrating?
Ans. Gamma radiation
92. According to the National Sample Survey data, the poverty rate in Himachal pardesh in 2004-05(using the Uniform Recall Period method) was
93. Among Punjab,Haryana,West Bengal and Himachal Pradesh which state had the highest literacy rate in 2001?
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
94. The largest proposed outlay in Himachal Pradesh’s 2009-10 Annual Plan is or
95. Which sector contributed the largest amount to Himachal’s State Domestic Product in 2008-09?
96. The district with the lowest percentage of electrified village in Himachal is
97. Among China,India, Singapore and Hong Kong which had the lowest estimated investment to GDP ratio in 2009?
98. The WTO Agreement on Trade-Related Intellectual Property Rights (TRIPS) has required India to modify its laws dealing with
99. At the United Nations Climate Change Conference of December 2009, a leaked document known as “The Danish Text” in the press had the following points
Ans. Limiting global temperature increase to 2 ° above pre Industrial level, not allowing presently developing countries to emit as much carbon per capita as presently developed countries would be allowed to emit, in the emissions targets projected for the year 2050.
100. Directive Principles of State Policy are enshrined under the articles
101. Under which Constitution Amendment Act, four languages were added to the languages under the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution of India, there by raising their number to 22?
Ans. Constitution (Ninety-Second amendment) Act,2003
102. Which two countries follow China and India in the decreasing order of population?
Ans. USA and Indonesia
103. Who used the phrase ‘Un-British’ to criticize the English colonial control of India?
Ans. Dadabhai Naroji
104. Department of Border Management is a department of
Ans. Ministry of home Affairs
105. Recently which manuscripts have been included in the UNESCO’s Memory of World Register?
106. Which Union Ministry is implementing the Biodiesel Mission (as Nodal Ministry)?
Ans. Ministry of Rural Development
107. What is the name of the scheme which provides training and skills to women in traditional and non-traditional trades?
108. With reference to Stree Shakti Purskar,for which one is “Devi Ahilya Bai Holkar Award” given?
Ans. Administrative Skills
109. B.K. Chaturvedi Committee dealt with
Ans. Price reforms in the oil sector
110. Which union Ministry has launched the Rajiv Gandhi Shilpi Swasthya Bima Yojana?
Ans. Ministry of Textiles
111. Department of Atomic energy is under the administration of
Ans. Prime Minister’s Office
112. How many member states are there in the European Union?
113. In India,who is the chairman of the National Water Resources Council?
Ans. Prime Minister
114. The Economic and Social Council (ECOSCO) of United Nation(UN), elected by a 2/3rd majority of the General Assembly for a 3-year term, consist of
Ans. 54 member states
115. The second five-year plan emphasised on the establishment of
Ans. Heavy Industries
116. The Security Council of UN consist of 5 Permanent members and remaining 10 non-permanent members elected by the Assembly for a term of
Ans. 2 Years
117. At present group of nations known as G-8 started first as G-7. which one was not the original member?
118. It is anticipated that between 2001 and 2025,the number of senior citizens in the developing countries will be roughly
119. Which Bank is not handling the Senior Citizens Saving Scheme, 2004 in Himachal Pradesh?
Ans. HDFC Bank Ltd.
120. The newest state to emerge in the European map is