Previous Paper of Hiamchal Pradesh Administrative-2011
This blog of RedTestbook provide previous question paper to aspirants of H.A.S. These objective type question also help to crack all competitive exams.
1. Which components represents at least in part investment in human capital?
Ans.Formal education, On the job training and Better health care and nutrition
2. Which factor led the Malegam Committee to recommend for interest rate cap for micro-finance institution?
Ans. High interest rate leading to suicides
3. Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) being implemented in partnership with the States for addressing the needs of children include
Ans. Enrolment of all children Setting up Education Guarantee Centers (ECG), Alternate School etc,gaps in enrolment with retention and learning
4. Antibodies are found in
5. Night-blindness is caused by the deficiency of
Ans. Vitamin A
6. Human eyes is sensitive to the wavelength in the range of
7. The definition of biosphere is
Ans. The earth and its atmosphere which is inhabited by living organism
8. Rhododendron is the characteristic vegetation of
Ans. Alpine zone
9. Some reliable indicators of pollution are
Ans. Lichens and mosses
10. Gas released during Bhopal gas tragedy was
Ans. Methyl Isocynate
11. Carbon dioxide absorbs strongly in infrared region and its presence in atmosphere decreases the loss of heat from the earth by radiation. This is called
Ans. Greenhouse effect
12. Freons cause great environmental damage.They are
Ans. Mixed Chlorofluoro-hydrocarbons
13. Among Cytokinin, Auxin, Calcium and Gibbberellin which one is not a plant hormone?
14. Asbestos is no longer preferred for commercial use because
Ans. It causes lung cancer
15. Name one alga from which lodine is obtained
16. The term Biomagnification refers to
Ans. Increase in concentration of non-biodegradable pollutants
17. Which part of the world has a high density of organisms?
Ans. Tropical rain forests
18. Haemorrhagic dengue fever is spread by
Ans. Aedes aegyptii
19. What is roughly the ratio between population density of Himachal Pradesh and India as per the provisional figures of 2011 census of India?
20. What is the name given to forces that shape and reshape the earth’s crust?
21. Which type of clouds cause the heaviest downpour?
22. Which trench is located in the Pacific Ocean?
23. Which term is used for the imaginary lines joining the places of equal rainfall?
24. Which is the newest member of SAARC?
25. What is the silicon valley of United States of America famous for?
26. Which country has the largest number of Spanish speaking population?
27. In which Indian State is the Tawang Buddhist Monastery located?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
28. What is relevant to the Golden Quadrilateral in India?
29. Which port is located on an estuary?
30. What is archipelago?
Ans. A group of large number of islands
31. Which of the following countries is divided into the largest numbers of time zones?
Ans. United state of America
32. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
Gopal Krishna Gokhale
Mahadev Govind Ranadej
Servants of India society
Indian National Conference
33. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
Indian Social Report
34. Who was the founder of Satyashodhak Samaj?
Ans. Jyotiba Phule
35. Where was the Headquarters of Ghadar Party?
Ans. San Francisco,USA
36. By which act was system of ‘Dyarchhy’ introduced during British rule in India?
Ans. Govt. of India Act,1919
37. During whose viceroyality was the Vernacular Press Act enacted?
Ans. Lord Lytton
38. Who was the chairman of the First Union Commission of Backward Classes?
Ans. Kaka Kalekar
39. What is density of population at national level in India according to 2011 Census?
Ans. 382 persons per square kilometer
40. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
R. Vineet Krishna
Collector of Malkhangiri District
Author oof Amar Chitra Katha
First Women India Army officer to win a Gallantry Medal
41. For which function was V.K. Shunglu Committee constituted?
Ans. To probe financial irregularities in Commonwealth Games
42. Who was the speaker of the first LokSabha?
Ans. G.V. Mavalankar
43. Which Schedule of Indian Constitution contains provisions regarding disqualification of MPs/MLAs on the ground of defection?
44. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
Biju Janata Dal
45. Which ancient Indian king wrote the three dramas, i.e., Ratnavali, Priyadarshika and Nagananda?
Ans. Harsha Vardhana
46. Who built the old fort(Purana Qila) in Delhi?
Ans. Sher Shah Suri
47. In 19th century Moplah peasants revolted against whose tyranny.
Ans. Hindu Zamindars
48. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
49. Match list-I which contains the names of European companies with list-II which contains the name of their settlements in India.
Ans. List-I List-II
Dutch – Pulicat
English – Bugli
French – Chinsura
50. Match the organization in List-I With person associated with them given in List-II and select the correct given
British India Society
Servants of People India Society
Bengal British India Society
Lala Lajpat Rai
51. According to 2011 Census which district of the state of Haryana has the lower sex ratio?
Ans. Jhajjar (774/1000)
52. Match the items in List-I with List-II and select the correct answer from the cods given below:
World Wetland Day
World Environment Day
World TB Day
53. With which of the following movement is Arvind Kejarival associated?
54. To commemorate which of the following events id the Reserve Bank Of India planning to issue a coin of denominated of Rs.150?
Ans. Birth Anniversary of Rabindra Nath Tagore
55. According to recent listing who is the richest women of India?
Ans. Savitri Jindal
56. In which case has the Preamble been accepted as a part of the Indian Constitution?
Ans. Kershvanand Bharti Case
57. Who is empowered to declare emergency under the Indian Constitution?
Ans. The President
58. Under the Indian Constitution of Indian who is the guardian of Fundamental rights?
59. Who decides whether a bill is a money bill or not?
Ans. Speaker of Lok Sabha
60. Match the constitutional provision of Indian Constitution given in List-I with countries from which these have been taken in List-II
Impeachment of President
61. Under which circumstances can an emergency be declared in India?
Ans. External aggression Armed rebellion and financial crisi
62. Match the following items in list-I with list-II
42nd constitutional Amendment
52nd constitutional Amendment
73rd constitutional Amendment
84th constitutional Amendment
Formation of chhatisgarh,Jharkhand and Uttranchal states
63. Balwant Rai Mehta Committee is related to
Ans. Panchayati Raj system
64. Who can be the chairman of the National Human Rights Commission?
Ans. A retired Chief Justice of the Supreme Court
65. MNREGA programme is related to:
Ans. Rural employement
66. Among Cadmium, Mercury, Lead and Sodium which one is nontoxic
67. What are the important properties of LASER?
Ans. High intensity,High coherence,High monochromaticity
68. Carbohydrated are used in
Ans. Food industry,textile industry and paint industry
69. In which form is phosphorus predominantly found in soil?
70. Nanotechnology is where particles of the following sized are used
Ans. 10-9 m
71. Siul stream is a tributary of river
72. What figure is found on the coins of Audumbara rulers?
73. Arrange the following authors who wrote about the Himalayan region in correct chronological order:
Ptolemy, Chandragomin, Panini, Varahamihira
Ans. Panini, Ptolemy, Chandragomin, Varahamihira
74. On the basin of which river is Dodra Kawar situated?
75. What is the arctitectural style of Jawalamukhi Temple in Kangra District?
Ans. Domed style
76. In which District of Himachal Pradesh is Suarjtal Lake?
Ans. Lahaul & Spiti
77. Which mountain range separates Sirmaur from Shimla?
Ans. Choor chandni
78. Who founded the Guler state?
Ans. Hari Chand
79. Which ruler of Chamba defied Aurangzeb’s order to demolish the Hindu temples in his state?
Ans. Chatar Singh
80. Which Village Pancahyat in Kinnaur District of Himachal Pradesh unanimously elected all women members only,during the December 2010-January 2011 elections?
81. In which district of Himachal Pradesh is Uhal Hydroelectric Project located?
82. 2011 Census which District of Himachal Pradesh has the highest child(0-6) sex ratio?
Ans. Lahual and Spiti
83. In Which year was “Swarna Jayanti Gram Swarozgar Yojana” launched in Himachal Pradesh ?
84. “Mukhya Mantri Bal Udhar Yojana” of Himachal Pradesh Government is restricted to children belonging to
Ans. BPL families
85. To whom was Kangra bestowed as jagir by Mughal emperor Akbar?
86. Who commanded the Mughal forces which subdued Kangra Fort in 1620 AD?
Ans. Nawab Alli Khan
87. Who was the chairman of joint meeting of Shimla Hill States Rulers and Praja Mandal Representative held in January 1948 at Solan?
Ans. Durga Singh
88. Which was the main opposition group in the Hiamchal Pradesh Legislature during 1950?
Ans. Kissan Mazdoor Praja Party
89. Who headed the committee of Government of India which recommended the transfer of more subjects to Territorial Council in 1962?
Ans. Ashok K.Sen
90. With whose assistance is the Himachal Pradesh Government’s ‘organic farming and water harvesting project’ being implemented ?
91. Indian agriculture has the following feature:
Ans.(1) Dependence of agriculture on the monsoons
(2) Abolition of Zamindari
(3) Absence of Trade Unions in the agriculture sector
(4) Heavy pressure of population on land
Which of the above is responsible for disguised unemployment in agriculture?
Ans. (4) alone.
92. Among sales Tax, Income Tax, Corporate Tax and Entertainment Tax which taxes are levied by the State government and not shared by Central Government?
Ans. Sales Tax and entertainment Tax
93. Which factor is the basis of Corporate Tax?
Ans. Profit before distribution of dividend
94. India is at which stage of Demographic Transition?
Ans. Reduction in birth rate but the reduction in death rate is higher than reduction in birth rate
95. Male literacy in India in the recent Census 2011 has increased to
96. Which treaties were covered by Uruguay Round Negotiations, which established WTO?
Ans. General agreement on trade in Service related intellectual property rights, Trade related investment measures
97. The second largest trade partner of India with their total trade (sum of imports an d exports) for the year 2009-2010 is
98. Which is the highest export-oriented handicrafts (in value terms) in India exports?
Ans. Gems and Ornamments
99. What are the possible reasons for food inflation in India?
Ans. Ban on transaction in agricultural products in ‘future Commodities Exchange Market’and Hoarding and Trader Cartel
100. Correctly match following pairs
Ans. Central Statistical Organisation
(CSO)-Computation of National Income
Reserve Bank of India (RBI)- Monetary and Credit Policy
National Council for Applied Economic Research (NCAER)- Indian Economic Survey
Planning Commission-Fiscal policy