Previous Paper of H.P. Excise and Taxation-2006
This blog of RedTestBook provide Previous year exam Question Paper(Excise & Taxation Exam) which help to all job aspirants who want to crack all competitive exam. This is also helpful for all who preparing the various exams and want to know about the pattern of exams.
1. National bird of India
2. When was Indian National Congress founded ?
Ans. 28th Dec.1885
3. Who was the Ist President of Indian National Congress (INC) ?
Ans. W.C. Benarjee
4. When did Fa-Hien ( A chinese pilgrim ) visit India ?
Ans. 5th century ( 405 A.D, during the regin of Chandra Gupta II )
5. Who was the propounder of “Yoga Philosphy” in 200-100 B.C.?
6. Where did Mahatma Budha preach his first Sermon ?
Ans. Sarnath ( in U.P. )
7. India’s National Calendar is based on
Ans. Saka Era (78 A.D.)
8. Who wrote “Abhigyan Shakuntlum” ?
9. Who wrote the first Muslim Invader to India ?
Ans. Mohammad Bin Quaism (712 A.D.)
10. Who was the first Muslim woman ruler of India ?
ans. Razia Sultana
11. Which Muslim ruler enforced a strict Price Central System during his time ?
Ans. Alauddin Khilji
12. In which year first battle of Panipat was fought ?
Ans. 1526 A.D. (Between Ibrahim Lodhi and Babur )
13. When was “Delhi Sultanate founded” ?
Ans. 1206 A.D.
14. ‘Sufi’ sect originated from
Ans. Islam religion
15. Tulsidas was contemporary to which ruler ?
16. Who compiled Guru Granth Sahib ?
Ans. Guru Arjun Sahib
17. When was east India Company founded ?
Ans. 1600 A.D.
18. Who was credited with the act of transforming “East Indian company” from a Trade Company to a Political Power ?
Ans. Robert Clive
19. Who introduced “English” as of medium education in India ?
Ans. Lord William Bentick
20. Sometimes metal piece fall from the sky on the earth these pieces are known as
21. Who founded Rama Krishna Mission ?
Ans. Swami Vivekananda ( on May 1, 1897 at Belur near Calcutta )
22. Who was the first Indian woman President of Indian National Congress ?
Ans. Mrs. Sarojini Naidu (Cownpore session 1925)
23. Who started Home Rule League Movement in India ?
Ans. Annie Besant in 1916
24. When was Minimum Wages Act passed ?
25. Who said-“Man is social animal” ?
26. India’s pilotless aircraft is named as
27. Which planet is smallest,fastest and nearest to the Sun ?
28. Which is the largest planet ?
29. Which planet rotates most slowly on its axis ?
Ans. Venus (in 243 days )
30. What is the age of Earth ?
Ans. 4.5 Billion years
31. Which raw material is used predominantly in the production of cement ?
32. Which is the lowest layer of atmosphere ?
33. “Moonsoons” are
Ans. Temporary Winds
34. Which is the largest desert in the World ?
Ans. Sahara ( in Africa )
35. Where is the headquarter of International Atomic Energy Agency ?
Ans. Vienna ( Austria )
36. Who is the Chief Information Commissioner of India ?
Ans. Wajahat Habibulah
37. Ist All India population census was conducted in the year
Ans. 1881 A.D.
38. The basic principles of heredity were discovered by
Ans. Gregor Mendal ( Father of Genetics )
39. When was the capital of India shifted from Calcutta to Delhi ?
Ans. 1911 A.D.
40. Charles F.Richter is a famous :
41. The Asteroid belt is found between
Ans. Mars and Jupiter
42. Astigmastism is a disease of
Ans. The Eye
43. The vitamin responsible for blood clotting is
Ans. Vitamin K
44. Who was the Chairman of Drafting Committee of the Constitution of India ?
Ans. B.R. Ambedkar ( 1st Union Law Minister )
45. Ascrobic acid is the chemical name of India ?
Ans. Vitamin C
46. Who is known as ” Frontier Gandhi ” ?
Ans. Khan Abdul Gaffur Khan
47. Who was the first woman Governor in India ?
Ans. Mrs. Sarojini Naidu
48. Who was the first woman Chief Minister in India ?
Ans. Sucheta Kriplani
49. According to Planck, energy possessed electrons is in the packets called
50. A hereditary disease of the blood in which there is a deficiency in the blood clotting mechanism is called
51. The deficiency of vitamin A causes
Ans. Night Blindness
52. Orinthology deals with
53. Quinine is obtained from which plant ?
54. The most important source of revenue to the state Govt., in India is
Ans. Sale tax
55. Through which city passes the meridian on which the Indian Standard Time is based ?
56. “Penguins” are found in
57. An example of Igneous Rock
58. Which is the oldest mountain range in the world ?
59. “Penisula” means
Ans. A tract of land surrounded by sea water on three sides
60. Which country has the highest Muslim population in the world ?
61. Which Indian state is the largest producer of Rubber ?
62. The causal agent of Bird-flu disease is
Ans. a Virus
63. Galvanised iron is made by coating iron with
64. Which is the smallest country in the world ?
Ans. Vatican city (Rome)
65. Boundary line between India and China is known as
Ans. McMohan line (Drawn in 1914 A.D.)
66. Sesimograph is used to measure
67. Who won Football World Cup 2006 ?
Ans. italy ( by defeating France )
68. Who won “Golden Ball Award” in 2006 berlin Football World Cup?
Ans. Zinaden Zidan ( Captain of France )
69. Port Louis is the capital of
70. Arjuna awards are given in the field of
71. Which award is given to Sports Coaches ?
Ans. Dronacharya award
72. With which sport is the Davis Cup associated ?
Ans. Lawn Tennis
73. Who won the Men’s Wimbeldon 2006 title ?
Ans. Roger Federer
74. Who won the man of the series award in India-WestIndies Test series 2006 ?
Ans. Rahul Dravid
75. 2004 olympic games were held at
76. Who is Milkha Singh ?
Ans. A Sprinter
77. In which game excelled Samresh Jung of Sirmour District ?
78. Where is the “Shaking Minaret” (Jhoolta Minar) located ?
Ans. Golconda ( Karnataka)
79. Hawala Market is related to
Ans. Illegal foreign exchange
80. SEBI stands for
Ans. Security and Exchange Board of India
81. The term “Forth Estate” refers to
82. What is the approximate length of the proposed Gas Line from Iran to India through Pakistan ?
Ans. 2100 K.M.
83. The total identified Hydro Electric Potential of Himachal is :
Ans. 21500 Mega Watt.
84. What is Sex Ratio ?
Ans. Number of females per 1000 males
85. Larji Hydro-electric project ( 126 MW ) is located in :
Ans. Kullu Distt
86. Lytton memorial is located at :
87. Lavi fair is held at:
88. Roreich Art Gallery is located at :
Ans. Naggar (Kullu)
89. Malana is located at :
90. Part ‘C’ state Bilaspur was integrated with Himachal Pradesh on :
Ans. 1st July 1954
91. Himachal Pradesh became full fledged state on :
Ans. 25th January 1971
92. The best conductor of heat and electricity is :
93. The article 370 of Constitution is applicable to the state of
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir
94. In which case the Doctrine of Basic Structure of the Constitution was established ?
Ans. Keshwanand Bharti case (April 1973)
95. Poplar is a:
96. CNG stands for:
Ans. Compressed Natural Gas
97. The tenure of the member of Rajya Sabha is :
Ans. 6 years
98. Who appoint the Prime Minister in India ?
99. What is the maximum interval between the two sessions of Parliament?
Ans. 6 months
100. Two Houses of the American Congress are :
Ans. Senate and the House of Representatives
101. In Parliamentary from of Government the council of minister is collectively responsible to the :
Ans. Parliament ( Lok Sabha )
102. Who is the Chairman of the Planning Commission ?
Ans. Prime Minister
103. Green Revolution refers to
Ans. The increase in the crop production
104. ICICI is a:
Ans. Commercial Bank
105. Reserve Bank of India was established in the year :
Ans. April 1 , 1935
106. What dose IDBI stands for :
Ans. Industrial Development Bank of India
107. The Book “Autobiography of a Yogi” is written by:
Ans. Paramhansa Yogonanda
108. What is unit of distance in the sea Navigation ?
Ans. Nautical miles
109. The intensity or loudness of sound is measured in the unit of :
110. Sovereignty is an essential attribute of :
111. Bureaucracy literally means system of :
112. Plato was :
Ans. a Greek Philosopher
113. Bile, a fluid which helps in the digestion of fats is secreted by :
114. Which disease is caused due to the deficiency of vitamin D ?
115. National Defense Academy is situated at :
Ans. Khadakwasla (Pune)
116. Who said “where there is no law, there is no freedom” ?
Ans. John Locke
117. Who was the first person to enter the Space on April 12,1961 ?
Ans. Major Yuri Gagrin ( Russia )
118. What is Blood pressure of a normal person ?
Ans. 120/80 mmHg
119. Central Potato Research Institute (CPRI) is situated at :
Ans. Kufri ( Shimla )
120. The from of Govt., in which all citizens enjoy equal political rights is known as :
121. National Science Day is observed on :
Ans. 28th Feb.
122. The head of Parliamentary Govt., is :
Ans. Prime Minister
123. Who is known as the “Lady with the Lamp”?
Ans. Florence Nightingale
124. Fascism believed in
125. Who gave the Theory of Natural Selection in 1859 A.D.?
Ans. Charles Darwin
126. When can a president refer a matter to the Supreme Court for its opinion ?
Ans. When a matter is of Public Importance
127. The Modern Concept of private property emerged with the emergence of
128. With which sport “Ranji Trophy” is associated ?
129. Where is the birth place of well known Musician Tansen ?
130. How many offices are kept outside the ambit of the office of the Profit Bill?
Ans. 56 offices
131. Who is Tiger Woods ?
Ans. A Golfer
132. The difference between the value of commodity produced by a laborer and the wages received by him is known as
Ans. Surplus Value
133. In which distt. of H.P. Renuka Lake is located ?
134. The Salary of the President of India is drawn from the
Ans. Consolidated fund of India
135. Solar Eclipse ( only on the New Moon Day ) occur when
Ans. Moon comes between the Sun and the Earth
136. On which days of the year National holidays are observed ?
Ans. 26th jan, 15th Aug and 2nd Oct.
137. Who was the Prime Minister of Britain at the time of India’s Independence ?
Ans. C.R. Attlee
138. An example on non-convertional energy is :
139. Who is father of History ?
140. What is Humans ?
Ans. Semi-decayed organic matter ( Biofertilizer)
141. Communism is :
Ans. Revolutionary in nature
142. With which sport Major Rajyavardhan Singh Rathore is associated ?
143. With which sport Leander Paes is associated ?
Ans. Lawn Tennis
144. Which is most important system in a democracy ?
Ans. Political System
145. A socialist state lays emphasis on :
Ans. Economic Equality
146. In which year did Prophet Mohammad migrate from Macca to Madina ?
Ans. 622 A.D.
147. Hereditary characters can be traced with the help of
Ans. Deoxyribo Nucleic Acid (DNA)
148. On whose recommendation dose the central Govt., grant financial assistance to the states ?
Ans. The Finance Commission
149. The Planning Commission in India is
Ans. an Administrative Advisory body
150. The president of USA is the
Ans. Real Executive Head of the state
151. The ‘Jallianwala Bagh’ Massacre took place on
152. The programme of Non-Cooperation launched by Gandhi ji did not include
Ans. Armed Rebellion Against the Govt.
153. When were the first general election held in India ?
Ans. 1952 A.D.
154. The power of Judicial review is confirmed on the Supreme Court in India by
Ans. Article 13 and Article 32
155. The Indian Constitution is the :
Ans. Lengthiest written constitution in the world
156. The president of India can nominate to the Rajya Sabha :
Ans. 12 members
157. In the Indian Constitution the interest of the minorities are protected by :
Ans. Article 29
158. To prevent recurrences scams in India has assigned regulatory power to :
Ans. Securities and Exchange Board of India (SEBI)
159. Agricultural Price Commission was established in the year :
160. The apex Institution in the field of Industrial finance is :
Ans. Industrial Development Bank of India (IDBI)
161. The branch of Geology which deals with the study of rocks is :
162. The Integrated Rural Development Programme (IRDP) was launched on :
Ans. October 2, 1980
163. The Prime Merdian passes through :
Ans. Great Britain
164. Which award is associated with outstanding work in the field of agriculture ?
Ans. Borlaug Award
165. The stock exchange is a part of :
Ans. The Capital Market
166. Table Tennis is also known as:
167. Which is the largest Nationalized Bank of India ?
Ans. State Bank of India
168. President of India is:
Ans. Head of State and Supreme Commander of Armed Forces
169. With whose regin is the Gandhara School of Art Associated ?
170. Who is the author of the famous novel ‘War and Peace’ ?
Ans. Leo Tolstoy
171. Who encouraged remarriage of the widows most ?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Rai
172. Among the early Aryan the principal means of earning a living was :
173. Who wrote ‘Hints for Self Culture’?
Ans. Lala Hardyal
174. ‘Contours’ represent places having :
Ans. Equal Altitude
175. The Red Indian belongs to :
Ans. North America
176. ‘Yak’ is found in :
Ans. Central Asia
177. In which planet a day is longer than year on the earth ?
178. The brightest object in the Universe is :
179. Doldrums refer to :
Ans. A belt of calm and light variable wind near the equater
180. Racial traits of man are situated in :