Previous Paper of H.P. Allied-2010
This blog of redtestbook will providing previous paper of hp allied. These questions help to crack all competitive exams which is conducted by hp government. This question paper will be help for all aspirants of h.p. If you came here to check the previous paper of H.P. So this place is correct for you.
1. In July 1999, Pakistani infiltrators were flushed out of the Kargil sector of Kashmir in an operation flood called
2. The first Chief Election Commissioner of India was
Ans. Sukumar Sen
3. Who composed the famous song ‘Sare Jahan Se Accha ‘ ?
Ans. Mohammad Iqbal
4. The author of the book titled ‘ The future of India ‘ is
Ans. Bimal jalan
5. The Taj Mahal is affected due to
Ans. Acid rain
6. The operation which has launched on Nov.26,2008 by Security Forces of India to flush out terrorists holed up in Mumbai’s various hotels eas
Ans. Operation Black Tornado
7. The World’s First Woman Prime Minister was
Ans. Sirimao Bandarnaike
8. The State animal of H.P. is
Ans. Snow Leopard
9. Which place receives the lowest annual rainfall in H.P. ?
10. Where is Bander Ghati ( Monkey Valley ) ?
Ans. District Chamba
11. Which districts shares the boundaries with maximum number of districts in H.P. ?
Ans. Shimla and Mandi, each touches six other districts
12. What is the green Field Project of Government of H.P. ?
Ans. To spread Health Education
13. Dhauladhar range falls in…. districts
Ans. Kangra, Chamba and Kullu
14. Kangra school of Pahari paintings reached its zenith during the reign of
Ans. R+aja sansar chand
15. Which was the first bank in Shimla ?
Ans. Alliance Bank of Shimla
16. Kangra Fort is known as
Ans. Nagarkot and Bheemkot
17. Bhunda ceremony is held after every
Ans. 12 years
18. Which is the largest river in H.P. ?
19. Binwa Hydro-electric project is situated in district…… of H.P.
20. Which was the oldest Princely State of H.P. ?
21. The State Tree of H.P. is
22. Malana in Kullu is known for
Ans. One of the oldest democracies of the world consisting of about 500 families, Independent political and judicial system and Devta Jumlu is revered here.
23. Dalai lama came to Dharamsala in
24. Which airport is being developed by Airport Authority of India (AAI) In collaboration with Government of H.P. ?
Ans. Kangra ( Gaggal )
25. The first Speaker of H.P. Legislative Assembly wass
Ans. Jaiwant ram
26. How many Municipal Corporations ( Nagar Nigam ) are functioning in H.P. ?
Ans. 1 ( Shimla )
27. Which is the India’s first 3-D digital animation film ?
Ans. Bal Hanuman-2
28. India’s first International Buddhist University, an Indo-SriLanka joint project is coming up at
Ans. Sachi, Madhya Pradesh
29. Bhut jolokia, the chilli generally recognized as the hottestin the world, is mainly grown in which state of India ?
30. India’s second Integrated Check Post (ICP) after Attari will come up at
Ans. Raxaul, Bihar
31. The Government’s ambitious Unique Identity Project, aiming to give a 12-digit number to all citizens of the country,has been renamed
32. The first Indian to win any Golden Globe Award is
Ans. A.R. Rahman
33. Who was named the best actor in 57th National Film Award ?
Ans. Amitabh Bachchan
34. Julia Gillard is the first woman Prime Minister of
35. In which city of U.S.A. did Swami Vivekananda participate in the World Parliament of Religionin 1893 A.D. ?
36. Which Malayalam movie was adjudged Best Film in the 57th National Film Awards, 2010 ?
Ans. Kutty Srank
37. International Youth Day is observed on
Ans. August 12
38. Security Printing Press is situated at
39. The new Chief Election Commission of India is
Ans. S.Y. Qureshi
40. The Indian woman who have been named among the Forebs’ most inspiring women list are
Ans. Arundhati Roy and Indira Nooyi
41. Miss universe 2010 is
Ans. Jimena Navarrete
42. Among Russia, Italy, Germany and Brazil which one is not the member of G-8 grouping ?
43. The novel ‘white tiger’ which won the Man Booker Prize 2008, is authored by
Ans. Arvind Adiga
44. Dr. Manmohan Singh has recently declared an Indian river as ” National River”. The name of the river is
45. Bank rate,Repo rate, Reserve Repo Rate, and Cash Reserve Ratio are decided by
Ans. Reserve Bank of India
46. Who certifies a bill to be a money bill in Indian states ?
Ans. State Assembly Speaker
47. Zero-Based Budgeting (ZBB) means
Ans. each year, budgeting starts from a scratch
48. Agmark is
Ans. Test of Purity in the production of vegetable oil etc.
49. The headquarters of Organization of Petroleum Exporting Countries (OPEC) is located in
50. As per the findings of the expert group headed by Dr. Suresh Tendulkar , a substantial number of people in India still live below poverty line. What is that number in terms of percentage ?
51. Indian Rupee has got its designed by
Ans. D. Udai Kumar
52. UNDP has introduced a new poverty index known as
Ans. Multi – dimentional Poverty Index
53. If the nominal interest rate on a checking account is 2% and the inflation rate is 3% this year , the real interest rate is
54. From which source comes the money which Government of India spends on the development of infrastructure in country ?
Ans. Loan from World Bank, Taxes collected from the people and loan from the RBI
55. Income Tax, Wealth Tax, Gift Tax, and Corporation Tax are
Ans. Direct Taxes
56. At which place, the Indian electronics system design and manufacturing industry has organised a national summit named as ‘Vision Summit’ ?
57. Which were the first proteins that marked the beginning of life ?
58. Which is the edible part of mango ?
59. Which structure prevents the entry of food into the wind pipe ?
60. Which respiratory disease is associated with excess of histamine ?
61. Which respiratory disease is associated with excess of histamine?
Ans. Female anophelse
62. Which parasite causes sleeping sickness ?
63. Which instrument is utilized to measure blood pressure ?
64.What converts glycogen to glucose ?
65. The main atmospheric gases responsible for greenhouse effect are
Ans. Carbon dioxide and Chlurofloro Carbon
66. When a piece of ice floating in a beaker of water melts, the level of water will
Ans. Remain the same
67. Universal Receivers ( group ‘AB’ ) can receive blood from
Ans. Group ‘O’, ‘AB’, ‘A’, ‘B’
68. Which scientist developed a clonedsheep, the ‘Dolly’ ?
Ans. Ian Wilmut
69. How many set of valves does a human heart have ?
Ans. Two ( Bicaspid and Trcaspid Valves)
70. The cells which are responsible for the production of antibodies are ?
71. Match the following :
Ans. Birth of Gautam Budha – 563 B.C.
Invasion of Alexander on India- 326 B.C.
Birth of Jesus Christ – 4 B.C.
Starting of Saka Era – 78 A.D.
72. The device used for locating submerged objects under sea is
73. Who invented Petrol-Car ?
Ans. Karl Benz
74. Why is it easier to swim in sea water than in river ?
Ans. Density of sea water is higher
75. Cloudy nights are warmer than clear nights, because of
Ans. Terrestrial Radiation
76. As we proceed from equator to poles, the daily range of temperature tends to ?
77. Which planet in the solar system is the hottest, brightest and nearest to Earth ?
78. Which is the longest river in the world ?
79. Which country has the largest area of forest ?
80. The maximum distance between the longitudes is at the
81. The cause of earthquake is mainly due to
Ans. Tectonic Forces
82. The direction of the earth’s rotation is from
Ans. West to East
83. The rising of the Sun in the East and setting in the West is due to
Ans. Rotation of the earth on its axis
84. Himalayas have been formed by the…..
85. Which is the largest lake in the world ?
Ans. Caspian Sea
86. The forest in Sunderbans is called ?
87. Seismic sea waves which approach the coats at geater force are known as
88. India Standard Time relates to
Ans. 82.5° East Longitude
89. The oldest mountain system of India is
90. Which animal has been chosen as a mascot for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2011, to be jointly hosted by India, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh ?
Ans. Elephant ( name stumpy )
91. President Pratibha Patil recently conferred the honorary rank of the Indian Air Force ( IAF ) Group Captain on
Ans. Sachin Tendulkar
92. Indian Badminton ace Saina Nehwal clinched which title/titles in 2010 ?
Ans. Yonex Sunrise-Indian Open Grand Prix, Singapore Open Super Series and Indonesia Open Super Series
93. At which Olympics did Milkha Singh break the world record in the 400 meters events ?
Ans. Rome Olympics, 1960
94. Jhoolan Goswami is associated with ?
95. Sachin Tendulkar recently became the first cricketer to score double century in One Day International against
Ans. South Africa
96. Match the pairs
Ans. Deodhar Trophy- Cricket
Holkar Trophy- Bridge
Subroto Cup – Football
Hero Honda Indian Open – Golf
97. Which country was known as ” sick man ” of Europe
98. Chamera-1 project of the NHPC ( National Hydroelectric Power Corporation ) has the power generation capacity (installed) of
Ans. 540 MW.
99. Solar eclipse happens when the
Ans. Moon comes directly between the Sun and the Earth
100. The interval between two high tides is approximately
Ans. 12 Hrs.
101. The common cold disease is caused by
Ans. Viral infection
102. When milk is churned, the cream separate from it due to
Ans. Centrifugal force
103. Who is the first law officer of the Union Government ?
Ans. Attorney General
104. National Highway-I connects Delhi with
105. Which Indian State has largest Scheduled Tribe Population ?
Ans. Madhya Pradesh
106. Human Poverty index was developed in the year
107. The first heavy Water Plant was setup at
108. The highest number of telephone user are in
109. The him actor who has been chosen as brand ambassador of Incredible India campaign is
Ans. Amir Khan
110. Bharat Ratna Award for the year 2008 has been given to
Ans. Pt. Bimsen Joshi
111. The french Revolution began in the year 2008 has given to
Ans. Pt. Bhimsen Joshi
112. The first country in the world to grant women theright to vote was
Ans. New Zealand
113. The U.S.A. entered World war II after a Japanese attack on the US fleet at
Ans. Pearl Harbour
114. In 1805 A.D. Admiral Lord Nelson defeated the combined French- Spanish fleets in the battle of
115. The first map of the world was made by
116. Jehangir conquered this fort in 1620 that Akbar had earlier failed to conquer
117. Teh People’s Republic of Bangladesh came into being in
118. The main focus of the Rigvedic culture was
Ans. The region between Swat and Indus
119. The first European to visit the Caribbean was
Ans. Christopher Columbus
120. Egypt was also known as Kemi or the
Ans. Gift of the Nile
121. Who was the Gautam Buddha’s father ?
122. The most important feature of the Dravida style of temple architecture is
123. Who destroyed the Somnath Temple in Gujarat ?
Ans. Mahamood Ghaznavi
124. Rongal Bihu is the most popular post-harvest festival of which Indian-State ?
125. The first systematic Indian political theory can be found in
126. The epic Shahnama was written by
127. Another name for Hindusim is
Ans. Snatana Dharama
128. The Times of Indian was earlier known as the
Ans. Bombay Times
129. The Supreme Court of Indian began functioning from the year
130. The 61st Amendment Act of the Constitution lowered the voting age from 21 to 18 in the year
131. When was National Anthem ‘Jana gana Mana……. adopted first by Constituent Assembly of India’ ?
Ans. January 24, 1950
132. Hindi was declared official language of the Indian Union in the year
133. Besides H.P.,Hamirpur is also a Lok Sabha Constituency in
Ans. Uttar Pradesh
134. Tiju Airport is to be built in which State ?
Ans. Arunachal Pradesh
135. What is meant by ‘ World Order ‘ ?
Ans. Using individual Human beings as units ( not states ), it accesses the degree of order on the basis of delivery of certain kinds of good for humanity as a whole
136. Which States are not signatories to the Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT), 1968 ?
Ans. Israel, India and Pakistan
137. Which state Legislative Assembly recently passed with a two-thirds majority a resolution seeking to revive the Upper House, the Legislative Council ?
Ans. Andhra Pradesh
138. What are liberty rights ?
Ans. A right to do something in the sense that person has no obligation to do it
139. The Key power of President Asif Ali Zardari have been stripped by this amendment in Pakistani’s Constitution
Ans. 18th Amendment
140. Justice Suresh Homi Kapadia is the first Chief Justice of India to born after Independence. He is the……… Chief Justice of India.
141. G-20 Nations Conference was recently held in …….
Ans. Toronto, Canada
142. The Constitution ( 74th ) Amendment Act provided the
Ans. Constitutional sanctity to Municipalities
143. How many item are contained in the Union List ?
144. Planetesimal Theory proposed by T.C. Chamberlain and F.R. Moulton in 1904 to explain the origin of Earth, is the modified form of
Ans. Collision Hypothesis Continental drift, sea floor spreading and Palaeomagnetism
145. Match the following( invention-inventor )
Ans. Radioactivity – Henry Baqueril
Continental Drift- Abraham Ortelius
General Theory of- Albert Einsten
146. Match the following on the basis of Copenhagen’s Global Climate Classification
Ans. Tropical Rain Forest Climate- Af
Tropical wet and dry or Savanna- AW
Humid subtropical climates- CF
Temperate climate with dry winters-Cw
147. Governor of a State has the power to ominate……… member of the anglo-Indian community to the legislative assembly of the state.
148. What was the recommendation of the S.K. Dhar Commission, appointed in 1948 to examine the case of reorganization of princely states in the Indian Union on the linguistic basis?
Ans. It supported the criterion of administrative convenience for the reorganization of states
149. Under which Article Union Parliament can make laws on the subjects mentioned in the ‘ State List ‘ ?
Ans. Article 249
150. What dose FDI stand for ?
Ans. Foreign Direct Investment