Previous Paper of H.A.S- 2006
In this Blog section we are providing all previous year question paper of HAS. These questions will help the aspirants of HAS. Very important question help to all job aspirants for crack government exams which is conducted by Central government or State Governments.
1. Who is the president of Asian Development Bank ?
Ans. Haruhiko Kuroda
2. On which river is located the Aswan Dam ?
Ans. Nile River
3. Who founded the Red Cross Society in 1863 ?
Ans. Henry J. Durant
4. Which is the smallest Planet ?
5. Which country is going to construct the Artificial Sun ?
6. Indian National Army was formed by ?
Ans. Subhash Chandra Bose
7. Who is Supreme Commander of the Defence Forces in India ?
Ans. The President of India
8. The first Speaker of Lok Sabha in free India was :
Ans. G.V. Mavalankar
9. The study of coins is called :
10. The best conductor of electricity is :
11. Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) consists of :
Ans. Butane and Propane
12. Who complied the Adi Granth ?
Ans. Guru Arjuna Dev
13. When did the Theosophical Society establish its headquarters in India ?
Ans. 1882 at Adyar
14. ‘Kamagata Maru’ was :
Ans. A Japanese Steamer
15. When was Bardoli Satyagraha launched by Sardar Patel?
Ans. 1928 A.D.
16. ” Agha Khan Palace” is situated in :
17. The Indian’s revolt of 1857 actually started on :
Ans. 10th May,1857
18. Who was Finance Minister in the Interim Govt. of India in 1946 ?
Ans. Liyaquat Ali Khan
19. Who enuncisted the principal of ‘ Panchaheel’ in 1954 ?
Ans. Jawahar Lal Nehru
20. The body temperature of a normal human being is :
21. The first Indian woman to be crowed Miss Universe is :
Ans. Sushmita Sen (in 1994)
22. The colours in both the other extremes of the rainbow are :
Ans. Violet and Red
23. The gas used in the manufacture of Vanaspati Ghee is :
24. Tibia is abone found in the :
25. ‘ Light Year’ is related to :
26. ‘ Vulcan’ is the Roman God of :
27. A crocodile can live up to :
Ans. 75 Years
28. With which game is Santosh Trophy associated ?
29. ‘Krone’ is the currency of :
30. ‘ Dilwara Temples’ are located in :
31. Himachal Pradesh first came in to existence as a administrated territory on :
Ans. 15th April, 1948
32. How many rivers flow through Himachal Pradesh ?
Ans. Five ( Beas, Chenab, Ravi, Satluj, Yamuna)
33. Shipki Pass 4500m. is in the district of :
34. Spiti and Kinnaur are separated from Tibet by :
35. Which lake in District Lahaul-Spiti is known as the “lake of Moon”?
36. The headquarters of Kinnaur District is :
Ans. Reckong Peo
37. Himachal Pradesh became Part-C State in :
38. Ribba, ” the land of grapes “, is in the district of H.P.:
39. Who was the ruler of Bilaspur at the time of India’s Independence?
Ans. Anand Chand
40. The town of Chamba was founded by ?
Ans. Sahil Varman ( in 920 A.D.)
41. How many members were there in the Legislative Assembly constituted for H.P. in 1952?
42. Who became the first Lt. Governer of H.P. in 1952 ?
Ans. Lt. General Himmat Singh
43. When did Dr. Y.S. Parmar become the Chief Minister of H.P. for the first time ?
Ans. 24th March, 1952
44. When was H.P. made a union Territory ?
Ans. 4th July, 1956
45. How many districts did Himachal have till 1966 ?
46. Who was the first Chief Justice of H.P. High Court ?
Ans. Justice M.H. Beg
47. Gaiety Theatre was opened in Shimla by the British in :
Ans. 1887 A.D.
48. What was the Shiwalik Mountain known as in ancient texts ?
Ans. Mainak Parbat
49. There is a nine-hole Golf-Course located somewhere in Shimla Distt. Where is it ?
50. The earthquake that caused great havoc in Kangra occurred in
Ans. 4th April,1905
51. Which district in H.P. has its borders with Sirmaur, Uttarakhand, Solan and Mandi ?
52. The Bhootnath Temple is at :
53. Bir Billing in Kangra District has become famous for :
Ans. Hang gliding
54. The Saketi Fossil Park is in :
Ans. Sirmaur Distt.
55. In Dharamshala ( Kangra Disst. ) there is British Lord’s tomb. Who was he ?
Ans. Lord Elgin
56. H.P. is situated in the hills of :
Ans. Western Himalayas
57. Which ruler built the Mandi Town in 1527 ?
Ans. Ajber Sen
58. Which became the 5th District of H.P. in 1954 ?
59. The highest Cricket ground in the World is located at :
Ans. Chail ( Distt. Solan )
60. Area-wise which is the smallest district of H.P. ?
Ans. Hamirpur ( 1118 Sqkm )
61. The hill state which used to be called Dhamin once, is now :
62. When was the non-congress Govt. first formed in H.P. ?
Ans. 1977 A.D.
63. The book ‘Himalayan Art’ was written by :
Ans. J.C. Frank
64. The Dhami Firing took place on :
Ans. July 16, 1939
65. ‘Prachin Himachal’ was written by :
Ans. L.P. Pandey
66. ‘Kinner’ means :
Ans. people with ashwamukh
67. The festival ‘Bhunda’ is related to :
68. The cement factory at Rajban in Sirmaur District was installed in :
69. How was Renuka related to Rishi Jamadagni ?
70. ‘ Rumal ‘ is a famous handicraft of the district of :
71. There is a ‘Sun Temple’ at :
Ans. Nirtah ( Distt. Shimla )
72. The last village of the Spiti Valley is :
73. In which district did Una Tehsil fall in 1967 ?
74. Where is Andhra Hydel Project located ?
Ans. Shimla Distt.
75. When was Solan Distt. formed ?
Ans. September 1, 1972
76. The state Bird of Himachal is :
77. Where is the Mahima library located ?
78. Where is the headquarter of Army Training Command ?
79. Where is 260 MW Hibra Hydroelectric project being undertaken ?
Ans. Chamba Distt.
80. A girl from Himachal Pradesh has the distinction of being the youngest in the world to climb Mount Everest in 1993. Who is she ?
Ans. Dicky Dolma ( of kullu )
81. The first Indian woman Engine driver in Australia is :
Ans. Mandhir Rajput
82. ‘ Cry the Peacock’ is written by :
Ans. Anita Desai
83. Weekly astrological forecasts generally start with :
84. D. Kannan who died recently represented the Indian Football Team at Rome Olympics in the year:
85. Radek Stapanek a Czech, is associated with :
86. Who is Montek Singh Ahluwalia ?
Ans. Deputy Chairman, Planning Commission
87. Myanmar is the new name of :
88. Who is the Present Director-General of Civil Aviation of India ?
Ans. Kanu Gohain
89. Who is Author of the Compic Strip ” Beetle Bailey ” ?
Ans. Mort Walker
90. Who is a ‘beret’ ?
Ans. a cap
91. ‘Caribbean’ refers to :
Ans. West Indies
92. Dachshund is a kind of :
93. The name of US Vice President is :
Ans. Dick Cheny
94. The author the ‘The Da Vinci Code’ is :
Ans. Dan Brown
95. Majority of the members of the ‘Baha’i’ Community are in :
96. In which year was mount Everest scaled by Hillary and Tenzing ?
Ans. 29th May, 1953
97. To which country does Tennis player Martina Hingis belong ?
98. Who is Jeev Milkha Singh ?
Ans. a Golfer
99. When did the Kargil War with Pakistan take place?
100. Who is the Deputy Chairman of Rajya Sabha?
Ans. K. Rahman Khan
101. In whose memory was Gurudwara Damdama Sahib built ?
Ans. Guru Gobind Singh
102. ‘Cassia fistula’ is the botanical name of the Indian tree :
103. Who is the Chancellor of Germany these days ?
Ans. Angela Merkel
104. Who is Indian Chief of Air Staff these days ?
Ans. S.P. Tyagi
105. Who has recently been appointed Prime Minister of Nepal ?
Ans. Girija Prashad Koirala
106. Who is the chief of National Aeronautical Space Agency (NASA) in USA ?
Ans. Mike Griffin
107. Who has recently been crowed Femina Miss India World, 2006 ?
Ans. Natasha Shri
108. Who is Prime Minister of Israel ?
Ans. Ehud Olmert
109. What dose FDI stand for ?
Ans. Foreign Direct Investment
110. Who is Paul Mayeda Berges?
Ans. Husband of Film Director Gurinder Chadha
111. Who is the author of Novel ‘Mistress Spices’ ?
Ans. Chitra Divakaruni
112. Who is the Chief Editor of ‘Malayala Manorama’ ?
Ans. K.M. Mathew
113. Where are Blue Mountains ?
114. What is the first name of South Africa bowler Ntini ?
115. What is altiutde of Narkanda ?
Ans. 2708 meters
116. When will India’s first Moon Mission Chandrayan-I be launched ?
117. When is May Day celebrated?
Ans. 1st May
118. What is ‘Blue Lady’?
Ans. A decommissioned passenger cruise ship
119. Who is the chairman of the National Knowledge Commission of India?
Ans. Sam Pitroda
120. To which Union UN Rights Body has India been elected recently ?
Ans. UN Human Rights Council
121. Which Year marks the creation of ” Mickey Mouse”‘ one of the world’s most beloved cartoon characters ?
122. Who is also known as the ‘Bard of Avon’ ?
Ans. William Shakespeare
123. Who wrote “Saare Jahan Se Achcha…… ?
Ans. Allama Iqbal
124. What is the full form of ‘etc’ ?
125. Which is the highest hill station in India?
126. The term ‘epicentre’ is associated with:
127. When did the Jallianwala Bagh massacre take place ?
Ans. April 13,1919
128. Who was the first Chief Election Commissioner of free India ?
Ans. Sukumar Sen
129. ‘Castle Gondolfo’ is the official residence of :
130. Who is the prince of wales in England these days ?
Ans. Prince Charles
131. The Thermal Power plant of Bokaro is located in :
132. Non-Stick Kitchenware is coated with :
133. Vinegar is chemically known as :
Ans. Ethanoic Acid
134. Buddhist literary works are mostly in :
Ans. Pali Language
135. Tulsi composed his ‘Ramacharitamanas’ during the regin of:
136. Fire extinguishers release:
Ans. Carbon dioxide
137. Nationalization of 14 Indian Commercial Banks took place in :
138. Which speaker of Lok Sabha served as the President of India?
Ans. Neelam Sanjiva Reddy
139. Who discovered the treatment of rabies ?
Ans. Louis Pasteur
140. On which river is town of Ayodhya situated ?
141. Volga river flows in which country ?
142. International Court of Justice is located at :
Ans. The Hague (The Netherlands)
143. McMohan line is the border between :
144. Martyr’s Day is celebrated in India on :
Ans. 30th January
145. When and Where will the next Commonwealth Games be held ?
Ans. 2010, Delhi
146. Which country has the oldest flag ?
147. What is Arcelor ?
Ans. A European Steel Group
148. Who is Prime Minister Manmohan Singh’s scientific adviser ?
Ans. Prof.C.N.R Rao
149. Who is author of ‘Nine o Nine’, a collection of short stories ?
Ans. Nandita Puri
150. What is Fransa Pax?
Ans. A football club of Goa.