Previous Paper of H.A.S- 2005
In this Blog section we are providing all previous year question paper of HAS. These questions will help the aspirants of HAS. Very important question help to all job aspirants for crack government exams which is conducted by Central government or State Governments.
1. Nobel laureate Saul Vello, who died recently was the native of :
2. Who is the author of controversial book ” Dwikhnandita” ?
Ans. Taslima Nasreen
3. Which is the longest Dam in the world ?
Ans. Hirakund Dam
4. Which country is well known for the diamond cutting industry ?
5. What is present stage of the Vesuvious Volcano ( in Italy ) ?
Ans. Active Volcano ( Last 3 Erruptions 1872, 1906, 1944 )
6. Which is the most important raw material for Power generation in India ?
Ans. Coal ( Thermal Energy )
7. What is the major source of Irrigation in India ?
8. Mustrad is the crop of :
Ans. Rabi season
9. Brazil comes under the category of :
Ans. Developing countries
10. Which atomic power station in India is completely Indigenously built ?
Ans. Indira Gandhi Nuclear Power Station, Kalpakkam ( Tamil Nadu )
11. Which river will provide the largest quantity of its surplus water for the Telgu-Ganga Project?
12. Where is located the headquarter of European Union ?
Ans. Brussels ( Belgium )
13. Crescograph is a device for measuring growth in plants. Who invented it ?
Ans. Jagdish Chandra Bose, A Bengali Indian Scientist
14. Which is the most densely populated area in the world ?
Ans. South East Asia
15. Which country is building the Baglihar Dam on Chenab river ?
16. What is Chandryan-I ?
Ans. India’s first space craft to be sent to the Moon
17. Who is the author of the famous drama St. Joan ?
Ans. George Bernard Shaw
18. What was the ‘ Phukan Commission ‘ inquiring into ?
Ans. Some shedy defense purchase deals
19. Who is Silvio Berlusconi ?
Ans. Italian Prime Minister
20. Who is Zacarias Moussaoui ?
Ans. A terrorist involved in the attack on the world trade centre in the USA
21. On whom is the book ‘Journey of a Legend published by the Indian Council of Cultural Affair (ICCR) written ?
Ans. Maulana Abdul Kalam Azad
22. In which state of India is the Tadobha Andhari Tiger Reserve located ?
23. With which style of dance is Sonal Man Singh, the chairperson of the Sangeet Natak Akademi,associated ?
24. Why is John Wright in news ?
Ans. for quitting as coach of the Indian Cricket Team
25. What is the M.K. Mukerjee Commission Inquiring in to ?
Ans. Death of Neta Ji Subhash Chandra Bose
26. To which country dose Elton John the famous pop singer belong ?
27. Who has been elected Vice-President of the interim Government in Iraq ?
Ans. Adil Abdul Mehendi
28. With which sport is Ronaldinho associated ?
29. Which of the Russian celebration many former constituents of the Soviet Union have refused to attend ?
Ans. Victory of the Soviet Union over Nazi Germany
30. In which country is the terrorist organization ‘Jemaah Islamia’ carrying on its violent activities ?
31. With which sport is Bula Chaudhary associated ?
32. For what is the Himachal Pradesh Government seeking the help of the USA based Robbins Company ?
Ans. Tunnel Building
33. Which business house is Vivek Paul ranked among 30 most respected chief executive officers, serving now ?
34. Which leader has refused to join the interim government of Iraq ?
Ans. Iyad Allawi
35. Which film has been partly shot inside the Jilm Corbett National Park ?
36. Who was Terry Schiavo ?
Ans. A brain damaged Aercian girl wishing to die voluntarily
37. What is G-20 ?
Ans. A group of poor developing countries
38. Who is elected as the Prime Minister of Britain for the third term of office ?
Ans. Tonny Blair
39. How were the members of the constituent Assembly chosen ?
Ans. Mainly elected by Provincial Assemblies
40. Who was the Prime Minister of Britain when India became Independent ?
Ans. Clement Attlee
41. Which princely State joined the Indian Union as a result of plebisctie after India was granted Independence ?
42. What is India National bird ?
43. Against which action of the British Government did Gandhi Ji organize the Dandi March as a protest ?
Ans. Imposition of salt tax
44. To which country dose the new pope Benedict XVI belongs ?
45. Who is the chairman of the committee of State Finance ministers on VAT ?
Ans. Asim Das Gupta
46. How many Judges are there in the International Court of Justice ?
47. Who is Danish Kaneria ?
Ans. The only Hindu Crickter in the Pakistan Cricket Team
48. Who is the lifetime chairman of the Institute of Rural Management Anand ( IRMA ) ?
Ans. Dr. Vergese Kurien
49. Who was elected speaker of the central Legislative Assembly in 1925 ?
Ans. Vitthal Bhai Patel
50. Who committed the first political murder in 1897 as part of the terrorist movement in India ?
Ans. Chapekar brothers
51. At which place did the revolutionary leader Lala Har Dyal form the ‘Ghaddar Party’ in ?
Ans. San Francisco (USA)
52. Who were the ‘Khudal Khidmatgars’ ?
Ans. A band of non-violent freedom fighters led by khan Abdul Gaffar Khan
53. In which year were congress Ministries formed in seven provinces of India before Independence ?
Ans. 1937 A.D.
54. Who was the first general secretary of the Congress Socialist party ?
Ans. Jaya Prakash Narayan
55. What was the slogan of the ‘Quit India Movement’ started under Mahatma Gandhi’s leadership ?
Ans. Do or Die
56. Who was Finance minister in the Interim Cabinet formed by Jawahar Lal Nehru in 1946 ?
Ans. Liyaqat Ali Khan
57. Which two leaders voted against Mahatma Gandhi’s resolution proposing militant action against the British Government at the Nagpur Session of the Congress ?
Ans. Madan Mohan Malviya and Mohammad Ali Jinnah
58. What was the end result of the Champaran Agitation ?
Ans. End of forcible cultivation of Indigo for the British
59. In which year was the capital of India shifted from Calcutta to Delhi ?
60. Which African Nation defeated the Italian army in 1896 ?
Ans. Ethiopia ( Abyssinia)
61. Where is located the Salargunj Museum ?
62. Who was the main inspiration behind the enactment of the ‘Widow remarriage Act of 1856’ ?
Ans. Mahadev Gobind Ranade
63. Which Government-General tried to pass the Ilbert Bill (1883), which sought to empower Indian judges to try criminal cases involving over Englishmen ?
Ans. Lord Ripon
64. Who presided over the first session of the Indian National Congress at Bombay in 1885 ?
Ans. W.C. Banerjee
65. The Pong Dam is the joint venture of the States governments of :
66. Where is located the Sun Temple in India ?
Ans. Konark ( Orissa )
67. Gautamiputra Satkarni was an ancient ruler of :
68. Which European country presented Bombay as a dowry to Charles II of England on his marriage to princess ?
69. Dr. Norman Borlaug, the famous agricultural scientist, received the Nobel Prize for :
Ans. Peace ( in 1970 A.D.)
70. In which Continent lies Uganda ?
71. In which year did Queen Elizabeth-I of England grant the East India Company a Royal Charter to carry on trade in the East ?
Ans. 1600 A.D.
72. The battle in which the British defeated the combined forces of the Nawab of Bengal, Nawab of Awadh and the Moughal Emperor was fought at :
Ans. Battle of Buxar ( in 1764 A.D.)
73. Which Governor General of Bengal formulated the policy of ‘ Subsidiary Alliance ‘ ?
Ans. Lord Welleselly
74. Who was the author of the book ” The Indian War of Independence ” ?
Ans. V.D. Savarkar
75. In which year did Alexander land at the bank of the Vyas river ?
Ans. 326 B.C.
76. Which foreign traveler has written in detail about the glory of the Kullu state in ancient days ?
Ans. Hiuen Tsang
77. Which Muslim ruler constructed a mosque inside the fort of Nagarkot ?
78. Which ruler expanded the territory of his State after the disintegration of the Moughal empire ?
Ans. Raja Ghamand Chand
79. Which foreign ruler invaded Kangra in 1009 A.D. ?
Ans. Mehmood Ghaznavi
80. The treaty of Saigauli signed in 1815 resulted in :
Ans. Emergence of the British as the dominant power
81. Which Governor General formulated the ‘Doctrine of Lapse’ in India ?
Ans. Lord Dalhousi
82. Which princely State in Himachal Pradesh adopted a neutral attitude during the War of Independence in 1857 ?
Ans. Rampur Bushahar
83. What did the system of ” Beggar ” prevalent in Himachal Pradesh and Some other states before Independence in 1857 ?
Ans. Forced Labour without payment
84. Who was S.N. Stokes ?
Ans. An American missionary in Himachal Pradesh
85. In which princely State did Yashwant Singh Parmar serve as District and Session Judge ?
86. Who was the president of the ” All India State Peoples Conference ” in 1939 when the Police fired on a mob in Dhami ?
Ans. Jawhar Lal Nehru
87. In which state of Himachal Pradesh did the Kisan Sabha set up an independent government in 1942 ?
88. In which year was the Himalayan Hill States Regional Council formed ?
Ans. 1946 A.D.
89. Which states were under the direct rule of the British before 1947 ?
Ans. Kangra, Kullu, Lahaul-Spiti, Chamba, Mandi
90. Which princely state initially refused to join the Indian Union when the British rule ended in India ?
91. When did the Chief Commissioner’s Province of Himachal Pradesh come into existence ?
Ans. 15 April, 1948
92. Which princely state was merged into the part ‘C’ State of Himachal Pradesh in 1954 ?
93. What was the effect of the report of the States Reorganization Commission on the position of the Himachal Pradesh ?
Ans. It become a Union Terriotry
94. What change in the Shape of different states occurred when the question of the recorganization of Punjab was reopened in 1966 ?
Ans. Punjab Hill areas merged into Himachal Pradesh
95. Who was Rin Chan Sang Po ?
Ans. A Tibetan Scholar sent to India for Buddhist Studies
96. Which Ruler renovated the famous 13th Century Baijanth temple in the 19th Century ?
Ans. Raja Sansar Chand
97. In which year did Himachal Pradesh attain full Statehood ?
98. What is Guru Ghantal ?
Ans. A famous Buddhist Monastery in Lahaul -Spiti
99. At which place is the famous Bhuri Singh museum located ?
100. What part of the total area of Himachal Pradesh his cultivated ?
101. What is the share of Himachal Pradesh in the total National Hydro-Electric potential ?
102. With whose collaboration is the Kol Dam being constructed ?
Ans. India and Russia
103. Which country is providing assistance to Himachal Pradesh Govt. for commercial trout farming in Kullu Valley ?
104. In which districts of Hiamchal Pradesh is Tea grown traditionally ?
Ans. Kangra and Mandi
105. Which of the following is not a tribal area in Hiamchal Pradesh ?
106. What is the percentage of Schedule Castes population in Himachal Pardesh ?
107. Who was the first to discover-Shimla as a fine hill station ?
Ans. Major Kennedy
108. Which place in Himachal Pradesh is held sacred by Buddhists, Hindus and Sikhas alike ?
Ans. Rewalsar in distt. Mandi
109. Which party gained a majority in the Himachal Pradesh Assembly in the general election of 1977 ?
Ans. Janata party
110. Where is the University for Horticulture and Forestry Located in Himachal Pradesh ?
Ans. Nauni (Distt. Solan)
111. Which of the following states has the largest area?
(c) Himachal Pradesh
Ans. Himachal Pradesh
112. Which river do the glacier fed streams, Bhadal and Tantagiri form ?
113. At which place does the Beas river enter the plains ?
114. In which state does the Yamuna river originate ?
115. Which larger river does the tributary ‘Tons’ join ?
116. The Second permanent station setup by India in the Antarctica is named as :
117. On which longitude is the Indian Standard Time based :
Ans. 82.5 ° East
118. Who discovered the Cholera bacillus ?
Ans. Robert Koch
119. At which place in India did Vasco-de-Gama land first on May 20, 1498 A.D. ?
Ans. Calicut ( new called Kazikode in Kerala )
120. Which planet is known as the Red Planet ?
121. Who is regarded as the father of modern medicine ?
122. Who was the author of the ‘ Charter of American Declaration of Independence’ ?
Ans. Thomas Jefferson
123. In ancient India with which field was related Bhaskaracharya ?
124. In which country is Mohenjodaro located now ?
125. Who was the first person to set foot on the Moon ?
Ans. Neil Armstrong
126. The term ‘ Creamy layer’ is related to :
Ans. Reservation for Other Backward Classes (OBC)
127. With which event is the ‘Tianamen Square ‘ associated :
Ans. Massacre of demonstrators demanding civil liberates in China
128. Which state in India is known for its Sandal Wood ?
129. Which is the main Rulling party in Bangladesh at present ?
Ans. Bangladesh Nationalist Party ( BNP )
130. The equatorial low pressure region 5 ° North and 5 ° of the equator is known as :
131. With which discovery is Marie Curie associated ?
132. Diabities is caused by the malfunctioning of :
Ans. Pancreatic Gland
133. Which musical Instrument does Pt. Shiv Prashad Sharma play ?
134. Which of the following countries was not a constituent of the erstwhile Soviet Union ?
135. Which is the border town between Amritsar and Lahore ?
136. Which country is known as the ‘Land of White Elephants’ ?
137. Which country was the worst sufferer of the onslaught of ” Tsunami ” recently ?
138. Who was the founder of the Braham Samaj in 1828 A.D. ?
Ans. Raja Ram Mohan Roy
139. Who is president of Afghanistan ?
Ans. Hamid Karzai
140. Which of the following is not a Chief Organ of the United Nations Organization ?
(a) Security Council
(b) General Assembly
(c) International Labour Organization
(d) International Court of Justice
141. In which Scripture in the 40 year war between Kirat King Sambar and Aryan king Divodas described ?
142. Which of the following mountain range lies outside Himachal Pradesh ?
143. What is Gaddi ?
Ans. A Pastrol Tribe
144. Which is the rainiest place in Hiamchal Pradesh ?
145. When was ” Territorial Council ” formed in Himachal Pradesh ?
Ans. 1957 A.D.
146. What percent of total geographical area of Himachal Pradeh comes under forests ?
Ans. 67 % (37033 Sqkm )
147. On which river is situated the town of Chamba ?
148. Which river does not flow through Himachal Pradesh ?
149. In which century Padam Sambhava preached Buddhism in Himachal Pradesh ?
Ans. 8th Century
150. Where is located the Tsong Po Lake in India ?
Ans. Jammu and Kashmir