Indian GK History Part-3
We are providing Indian GK objective type questions in this blog. These objective type question will help you to crack government exams mainly of Himachal Pradesh i.e HPPSC, HPSSC of Shimla and Hamirpur board.
[From Engineering Services’ Exam]
1.The famous rock-cut temple of kailasa is at
2. Financial allocation for education was made for the first time by charter Act of
3.final defeat of the Maratha confederacy came during the time of
(C) Marquis of Hastings
4.Which color of the following is said to be the oldest Jain scripture?
(a) Twelve Angas
(b) Twelve Upangas
(c) Fourteen Upangas
(d) fourteen Upapurvas
5. Who among the following established trade contacts first with India?
6. Which one of the following is the earliest school of Indian Philosophy?
(d) karma Mimamsa
7. Name of the scholar who visited India along with Mahmood of Ghazni
8. The capital of the Hindu kingdom of the Kakatiyas was
9. Who amongst the following was the pioneer of Bhakti Movement?
(b) Guru Nanak
10. The famous ‘madarasa’ built by Mahmud Gawan is at
11. Chandragupta Maurya’s empire extended in the North-west up to
12.The great scholar,Banabhatta, lived during the reign of
(c) Chandragupta II
13. Which of the following Mughal Emperor’s tomb is outside india?
(c) shah Jahan
14. Akbar was crowned at
15. Who among the following did not participate in 1857 Mutiny?
(a) Nana Sahib
(b) Rani Lakshmibai
(c) Tipu sultan
(d) Tantia Tope
16. The capital of the Eastern Chalukyas was
17. The military general of Ala-Ud-din khijli was
(a) Hushang Shah
(c) Muhammad Gawan
(d) Malik Kafur
18. In ancient India, Nalanda University was great center for the study of
(a) Hinayana Bhuddhism
(b) Mahayana Bhuddhism
19. The caves and rock-cut temples at Ellora are
(b) Buddhist and jain
(c) Hindu and jain
(d) Hindu,Buddhist and jain
20. Which of the following rulers built some of the famous Dilwara temples at Mount Abu ?
21.During the time of Harshvardhana a great Buddhist Assembly was held at
22. The original home of the Kushanas was in
23. The capital of Kadamba king was
24.The ‘Khalsa was founded by
(a) Guru Nanak Dev
(b) Guru Tegh Bahadur
(c) Guru Gobind Singh
(d) Guru Har Gobind
25.The most striking feature of the Indus Valley Civilization was
(b) Potter’s wheel
(c) Proximity of the river
This blog is a part of G.K objective type questions which can help exam aspirants of Himachal Pradesh in various competitive exams.Some of the exams which include these types of of questions are Himachal Pradesh Allied Services(HPAS),Himachal Pradesh Naib Tehsildar(HP Naib Tehsildar) and various exams of Hamirpur service selection commission(HPSSC).
To study second
part of GK please click on this link Ancient Indian History Gk Part-2