Indian Geography Gk Question Part-5
This blog of RedTest Book provide objective type question for various competitive exams which help to all job aspirants who are preparing for competitive exams. These objective type question help to crack competitive exams and also help to you increase the knowledge about the Indian geography.Exams (HPPSC,UPSSC,NDA,CDS or other exams which is conducted by central government).
1. Which of the following alternatives has all the three places with oil refineries?
(a) Assam,Meghalaya,Mizoram and Arunachal Pradesh
(b) Meghalya, Mizoram,Tripura and Nagaland
(c) Digboi,Koyna ,Barauni
2. Project Elephant aims at
(a) saving the dwindling elephant population
(b) reducing the number of problem elephants
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Neither (a) nor (b)
3. The Madhumalai Sanctuary is situated in?
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(d) Tamil Nadu
4. The natural habitat for special species of Indian Lions is confined in
(a) Dudhwa in Uttar Pradesh
(b) Gir in Saurashtra
(c) Kanha in Madhya Pradesh
(d) Rann of Kutchch in Gujarat
5. Thekkedy figures in the tourist map India because
(a) it is a pilgrim center
(b) it has ancient historical monuments
(c) it has a national park
(d) it has Periyar Wildlife Sanctuary
6. Satpura ranges are an example of
(a) Volcanic mountains
(b) Residual mountains
(c) Block mountains
(d) fold mountains
7. Which one of the following is correctly matched?
(b) Ernakulam-Andhra Pradesh
8. Goa’s economy is mainly based on
(a) Remittances of Goans from earnings in other countries
(d) Export of ores
9. Dry farming in India in extensively praticsed in
(a) Punjab Plains
(b) Coromandal Plains
(c) Deccan Region
(d) Kanara Plains
10. Which of the following sanctuaries is well- known for elephants?
11. Among the four states mentioned below which one is well-known for the development of Pisciculture?
(c) Andhra Pradesh
(d) West Bengal
12. Which one of the following shows correct order in which the three distinct crop sowing seasons appear in India?
13. India possesses more than half the total of the world’s?
14. One of the dams which control the release of Cauvery water to Tamil Nadu is?
(a) Krishnaraja Sagar
(c) Nagarjuna Sagar
15. Durgapur Steel Plant was built in Collaboration with
16. The hills at the head of the Ganga Delta are
(a) the Maikal range
(b) the Rajmahal hills
(c) the Rajpipla hills
(d) the Mahadeva hills
17. Which one of the following rivers has no delta?
18. Diamond Mines in India are found in
(a) Andhra Pradesh
(c) Madhya Pradesh
(d) Uttar Pradesh
19. Which is the biggest hinterland port in India?
20. Terrace farming is widely praticsed in
(a) Mountain areas
(b) Malabar coast
(c) Deccan Plateau
21. The dry hot winds known as’loo’ are most frequent in which part of India?
(a) North-Western region
(b) Eastern region
(c) Central plateau
(d) Konkan Region
22. Which one of the following is known as the Garden City of India?
23. The oldest fold mountain range in India is the
24. Which of the following projects is the joint venture of Tamil Nadu, Andhra Pradesh and Karanataka?
(a) Nagarjuna Sagar
(b) Telugu Ganga
(c) Dakshin Gangotri
(d) Silent Valley
25. Which of the following is the correct group of Kharif crops?
To study fourth part of this blog click this link geography of India