Indian Geography Gk Question Part-2
This blog of RedTestBook provide objective type question related to Indian geography for all job aspirants who are preparing for various exam.These question help for all competitive exams which is organized by central government ,state government and exams which is conducted by boards of government(UPSSC,HPPSC,HPSSB).
1. Which one of the following types of natural vegetation is found on the Nilgiri Hills?
(a) Tropical rain-forest
(b) Submontane temperate type
(c) Evergreen Woodland
(d) Dry evergreen type
2. Which one of the following does not belong to biosphere reserve set up so far?
(a) Great Nicobar
(c) Nanda Devi
(d) Gulf of Kachchh
3. The Indian sub-continent was originally part of huge landmass called
(a) Jurassic Landmass
(d) Gondwana Continent
4. Which one of the following mountain ranges is spread over only one state in India?
5. Korba in Madhya Pradesh is known for
(a) aluminium industry
6. Narmada and Tapti rivers plank
(a) Vindhyan Mountains
(c) Satpura Ranges
(d) Rajmahal Hills
7. Indian’s largest run-off river is
8. Which one of the following place is known for lignite?
9. Which of the following is the largest glacier?
10. The most important fisheries in India,
(a) deep sea
((c) cultural inland
(d) natural inland
11. Marmugao Port is situated in
(b) Tamil Nadu
12. The Chottanagur Plateau is a
13. In which of the following places in Gujarat is there a Sun Temple ?
14. In which state of India is dry-framing not practised ?
15. Which of the following is an inland drainage area?
(a) Chilka region
(b) Sambhar area
(c) Rann of kutch
(d) Mansarovar Lake
16. Which one of the following soil types of India is rendered infertile by the presence of excess iron?
(a) Desert sand
17. Which of the following nuclear research reactors is located in Kalpakkam?
18. Samkosh Electricity Project is being established at
(d) Arunachal pradesh
19. Which of the following is the chief river of Sikkim?
20. Which one of the following states does not have a common land border with a union Territory?
(a) Andhra pradesh
21. In which of the following regions maximum amount of ground-water reserves has been tapped?
(a) Peninsular India
(b) North Indian Plains
(c) Coastal Plains
(d) Himalayan Mountain System
22. The Continental shelf surrounding the Indian Coast is widest off the
(a) Hooghly Coast
(b) Coromandel Coast
(c) Konkan coast
(d) South Gujarat Coast
23. Which of the following is not a sea port?
24. India has attained self-sufficiency in production of
25. Which of the following States is the largest producer of Gypsum in India?
(b) Madhya Pradesh
This blog is a part of G.k objective type questions which can help exam aspirants of Himachal Pradesh in various competitive exams.
To study of first part of Indian Geography Gk Click this link Geography Question of India Part-1