HPSSSB MCQ Himachal Pradesh Jobs
HPSSSB MCQ Himachal Pradesh Jobs (Mock Test organized on 7th October for Clerical-692
- How many times did Ahmad Shah Abdali invade India?
- Which Sikh Guru begin to call himself as the ‘Sachcha Padshah’?
Ans: Guru Hargovind
- Bombay was handed to England as a part of Charles-II queen’s dowry , named-
Ans: Catherine of Barganzo
- The efforts to build a modern navy were made by
Ans: Tipu Sultan
- Padmavati was written by
Ans: Malik Muhammad Jayasi
- How many stories are included in Jatakas?
- Swami Dayananda Saraswati established the Arya Samaj in 1875 at
- For what Mahatma Gandhi went on hunger strike for first time?
Ans: In Ahmedabad Mill worker’s Strike
- When did Navy Revolt occurred at Mumbai
Ans: 19 Feb 1946
- Which is the most dense planet of the solar system?
- Most common disease of poultry in India is
- Heavy alcohol consuming people generally die of
- How many Islands forms Andaman and Nicobar
- The place where Pt. Jawahar Lal Nehru cremenated is known as
Ans: Shanti Ghat
- Himalayas are
Ans: Fold Mountains
- Which of the following crops is regarded as a plantation crop? (Rice, Coconut, Sugarcane,Cotton)
- Which of the following crops needs maximum water per hectare?(Barley, Maize ,Sugarcane,Wheat)
- The broad channel where the water of river and a sea mingle is known as
Ans: An estuary
- Loam soil is regarded as the most suitable type of soil for crop production because
- It can hold enough water(2) It drains well(3) It contains adequate quantities of humus(4) Of all of these qualities
Ans: Of all of these qualities
- Kargil Victory Celebrated on
Ans: 26 July
- Most populated city in India
- In whose reign the payment of cash salaries to the soldiers was first started?
Ans: Alauddin Khilji
- Fatehpur Sikri was built by
- Which of the following Articles of the constitution guarantees equal opportunity in the employment to persons belonging to SC/ST and minority communities?
Ans: Article 16
- The Constituent Assembly was formed under the provision of
Ans: Cabinet Mission Plan
- The ‘Right to work’ is mentioned in the Directive principle under which article
Ans: Article 41
- The Rajya Sabha is
Ans: A permanent body
- The impeachment process of President is initiated on the grounds of
Ans: Violation of the constitution
- The maximum gap between two sessions of the Parliament should not exceeds
Ans: Six month
- A person is suffered from Insomnia
Ans: If a person is unable to sleep
- Color Blindness can be cured by taking
Ans: Vitamin A
- Chemical name of ‘Plaster of Paris’ is
Ans: Calcium Sulphate
- Who invented the fountain Pen?
Ans: L.E Waterman
- Oil spreads over the surface of water because
Ans: Oil has less surface tension than water
- Earthquake waves travel faster in
- Longest bone in Human body is the
Ans: Thigh Bone
- Light Year is a unit of
- Blue color of sky is due to
Ans: Scattering of Light
- What kind of lens is used by short-sighted persons?
- In the visible spectrum the colour having the shortest wavelength is :
- Which one among the following is not included in the Fundamental Rights embodied in the Constitution of India?
Ans: Right to Information
- When the offices of both the President and the Vice-President are vacant, who performs their function?
Ans: Chief Justice of India
- Tehri Dam of Uttarakhand has been constructed on the river –
- Which one of the following rivers flows towards the north?
- Which of these organisations has been awarded the Nobel Peace Prize three times?
Ans: International Committee of the Red Cross
- With which of the following festivals is Jallikattu associated?
- National income ignores(1. Sales of a firm 2. Salary of employees 3. Exports of the IT sector)
Ans: Sale of land
- Which is the biggest tax paying sector in India?
Ans: Industrial sector
- Who is the founder of Jubbal Town?
Ans: Rana Tegh Chand
- Damdama Mahal is located in
- Padam Dev who was also known as ‘Kaviraj'( by birth) belongs to which place?
- Which valley is associated with the saying” the people living in this valley are called the most beautiful race in India?
Ans: Chamba valley
- What is meant by term “Thoda” in Himachal?
- Which mountain is known as “Mainak Parbat” in ancient times?
Ans: The Shivalik
- “The History of Mandi State” was written by
Ans: Man Mohan
- On which king of Himachal Pradesh did Aurangzeb confer the title of Chhatarpati?
Ans: Kehri Singh
- The Shrine of Renuka is related with
- Netaji Subhash chand Bose spent some months in
- The Author of book “Kulut Desh ki Kahani was:
Ans: Lal Chand Prarthi
- Where was the capital of Maharaja Sansar Chand?
- Susharma Chandra , who was on the side of Kauravas in the Mahabharta war, was the ruler of
- The Shiva-bari temple is situated near
- In which town of H.P did Salman Rushdie have his house?
- Who gave the title of Pahari Gandhi to Baba Kanshi Ram?
Ans: Pt. Nehru
- Which one of the following is correctly spelt?
(Embarassment, Embarrasment, Embarrassment, Embbarrassment)
- Which one of the following word is correctly spelt?
(Fullfil, Fulfil, Fulfill, Fullfill)
- Which one of the following word is correctly spelt?
(installasion, installation, instaletion, instaellation)
- Which of the following word is correctly spelt?
(Committee, 2. 3. 4.)
- Choose the word wrongly spelt
(Semester, Senesent, Sensory,Salacious)
- I am angry with him ___________his carelessness.
- My cousin has invested a lot of money ______________ farming.
- Give example pertinent _____________ the case.
- I have a distaste ___________ publicity.
- He is used ________ such hardships.
- He settled himself ________ his arm chair.
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives. Which best expresses the meaning of the given word “ALERT”. (Energetic, Intelligent, Watchful, Observant)
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the given word “WARRIOR”.
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the given word “STRINGENT”.
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the given word”INEXPLICABLE”
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the given word “LYNCH”?
- Choose the word out of the four alternatives which best expresses the meaning of the given word “DESTITUTION”?
- Mean of Phrase “Hold one’s horse” is
Ans: Have patience
- Meaning of Phrase “Like a sitting duck”
- Meaning of Phrase “Trump up”
- Meaning of the Phrase “Break with”
- A grocer has a sale of Rs. 6435, Rs. 6927, Rs. 6855, Rs. 7230 and Rs. 6562 for 5 consecutive months. How much sale must he have in the sixth month so that he gets an average sale of Rs. 6500?
- In the first 10 overs of a cricket game, the run rate was only 3.2. What should be the run rate in the remaining 40 overs to reach the target of 282 runs?
- Ages of ‘A’ and ‘B’ are in the ratio of 2 : 3 respectively. Six years hence the ratio of their ages will become 8 : 11 respectively. What is B’s present age?
Ans: 27 years
- If the average marks of three batches of 55, 60 and 45 students respectively is 50, 55, 60, then the average marks of all the students is:
- If the animals which can walk are called swimmers, animals who crawl are called flying, those living in water are called snakes and those which fly in the sky are called hunters, then what will a lizard be called ?
- If air is called green , green is called blue, blue is called sky, sky is called yellow, yellow is called water and water is called pink, then what is the color of clear sky ?
- Choose or find odd word: Arrow , Axe , Knife , Dagger
- Choose or find odd word: House , Cottage , School , Palace
- Choose the correct alternative that will same pattern and fill in the blank spaces. 20, 19, 17, _____ , 10, 5
- If DELHI is coded as 73541 and CALCUTTA as 82589662, how can CALICUT be coded ?
- Rahul`s mother is the only daughter of Monika`s father. How is Monika`s husband related to Rahul ?
- Difference in age of X and Y is 12 years and the ratio of their age is 3:7 what is the age of Y?
Ans: 21 Years
- How will WINTER be written if STORMY is written as QVMTKA
- A person gets 19% Loss if he sells an article for Rs 3550. What is its Cost price?
- How MOTIVE can be written, if DEADLY is written as GHDGUB
- Sajan is Raju’s mother’s father.Sajan has three brothers. One of them has grandson Naveen. Naveen is son of Akshit.Naveen is related to Raju’s as
- Suresh is 7 ranks a head of Ashok in the class 39 Students If Ashok’s rank is 17th from the last. What is Suresh rank from the start?
- The Product of the ages of Ankush and Ayush is 240. IF twice the age of Ayush is more than Ankush age by 4 years, what is Ayush age?
Ans: 12 years
- Find the mean of the five prime numbers
- Kunal walks 10km towards North from there he walks 6 km towards east. How far in which direction is he with reference to his starting
Ans: 5 K.M. North-East
- On May 14, 2018 Ayushman Bharat Program’s first workshop held in
Ans: Youth Employability in HP
- On June 29,2018, The Central Reserve Police Force launched ‘_____ Helpline’, a distress helpline for the people of Jammu and Kashmir?
- On June 30,2018, which stock exchange entered into an agreement with the Bombay Metal Exchange (BME) for the growth and systematic development of commodity derivatives markets?
Ans: Bombay Stock Exchange (BSE)
- Who has become the first Sikh man to be hired as an anchor by a news channel in Pakistan?
- Where is the headquarters of United India Insurance Company?
- Where is Balphakram National Park located?
- ‘SRIJAN’ is related to which of the following?
Ans: Indian Railways
- Indian Government set an aim to to eliminate TB from India by
- Sikkim first airport is located at
- Swadesh Darshan Scheme announced by Tourism Ministry for developing cruise tourism in
- Rajiv Gandhi Khel Ratna 2018 is given to
Ans: S.Mirabai Chanu and Virat Kohli
- Which country is the largest producer of Uranium
- Chief Minister of Arunachal Pradesh is
Ans: Pema Khandu
- What is the name of military exercise held between India and Nepal in 30 May to 12 June 2018?
Ans: Surya Kiran XIII
- Which among the following is not a Subsidiary of RBI?
- The minimum interest rate of a bank below which it is not viable lend, is known as
Ans: Base Rate
- Which state legislative assembly recently has passed bill for creation of 3 New District?
Ans: Arunachal Pradesh
- Rikako Ikee was announced as the most valuable player (MVP) of the 2018 Asian Games. He is a
Ans: Japanese Swimmer
- ISRO’s indigenous human space mission launched as Gaganyan to launched in
- Which state announced will to open the first Khadi Mall?
- Where is the headquarter of IFAD ( International Fund For Agriculture Development ) ?
- The city which will host the 2022 Asian Games is
- Which of the following is not a primary colour (Red, Green, Blue, Yellow)
- Who was the founder of Jaswan state of Himachal Pradesh?
Ans: Purab Chand
- Which governor general of India visited Mandi in October 1871?
Ans: Lord Mayo
- Mian Chu-Chu and Vaid Surat Singh were the leaders of a revolt that took place in ______?
- Which blood cells are called ‘Soldiers’ of the body
- Due to rusting the weight of iron
Ans: Which of the following is the main ingredient of cement?
- MDT is used for disease
- Which of the following pass is not located in district Chamba?( Sach Pass,Chini Pass,Chobia pass,Kunjum Pass)
- Kachchal and Bachchal are related with
- Laxmi-Narayan Temple is a group of
Ans: 6 Temple
- ‘Chohora’ is famous dance of
Ans: Kinnaur and Mahasu
- Shimla was the head quarter of the exiled government from 1942-45 A.D?
- Jaggatnath temple is situated at
- Chinmaya Tappovan is located in
- “Caste System” in India
Ans:Became rigid during Later Vedic Age
- In which of the following regions of his kingdom did Bindusara had to face two revolts.
- In 1687 HeadQuarters of East India Company on western side was shifted from Surat to
- Who formed the “Merchant Adventurer Company” in December 1654 in India?
- Which of the following religions did not make any contribution to the growth of Sufism? (Buddhism, Jainism, Hinduism, Zoroastrism)
- Which tribe revolted due to British efforts to suppress the practice of human sacrifice?
- What was the language employed by Sudras for his devotional songs?
- Portrait-painting reached its highest watermark during the reign of
- The leader of the Kuka Movement against the British was-
Ans: Ram Singh
- In which state Razia sultan assassinated in 1240 A.D.
Ans: Kaithal (Haryana)
- Which of the following King conquered the parts of South India?
- Gupta empire was declined by
- Which of the following is not considered as Indo-Aryan Language ?( English, Avesta, Arabic, Persian)
- During the “Sangam” period most of the houses were built with
- Which of the following religion is patronized by Bindusara?
Ans: Aojivika Sect
- The ‘Trinity’ of Bhakti movement in North India Refers to
Ans: Mira, Kabir, Nanak
Please Give live mock test of post code 692 on 21st oct 2018 at 5:55 by registering/Login.